AVIC411.com

So I have the 3.0 update & updated maps for my avic f90bt. I bought the F90bt already updated off of ebay. It came with a Sirius unit, already activated. When I tried the sirius I had no sound out, I thought the cable may be bad, however I got a xm unit & it didnt even show up as a source option, then I got the hd unit & no sound, & the channel doesnt change. Basically everything I hook up to the ipbus doent work. Is this a problem anyone has encountered? do I need to downgrade to 2.0 then update again? or is the ipbus hit?

make sure that you are plugging the Ip Bus cable in to the right port on the add on units.

since the IpBus connector on the back of the radio is blue, the blue end of the cable need to plug into it, then the other end of the cable will have a black connector on it, so plug it into the black connector on the Sirius unit.

yeah that didnt work, Sirius still a no go, the hd unit is the gex 920hd I think its because the 910 is for this radio

You might want to pull the GEX-920HD out of the chain if it's between the head unit and the Sirius. I've had 2 GEX-910HDs go unresponsive to the IP-Bus since I got my F90BT. The HD Radio tuners are outsourced pieces of crap for this series.

I only had one add on device hooked up at a time. the hd unit has to be the GEX-910HD the 920 doesnt work with the f90. as for the sirius I think the scc1 module is bad. im going to solder some rca's to the sirius unit & hook them up to a direct sound source to confirm my findings, I will post the results.

• 2 weeks later...