AVIC411.com

Connecting an IPAD to the Z130BT

Discovered today that if I attach my iPod first, then start the car, disconnect the iPod and plug the iPad in it works fine for music. Will not start apps from the HU (pandora, aha), but gives full access to iPod functions. If you try to get to any other apps directly on the iPad (exit the music player), the HU will throw the error and sut down the USB port. I am guessing the power draw from an iPad is above the threshold for the HU. By attaching the iPod first you are essentially tricking it into thinking an iPod not an iPad is attached. I don't know if there is a chance to damage the HU or not, but it does work.

Just tried this again and it did not work....uggh...wife witnessed it working so I know I am not loosing it. Or maybe I am. Still give some things to try. Sorry.

Edited by CobyPharmD
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot that I read this thread already, but tonight I had my iPad playing music, charging and even playing movies thru the Z130bt. Its kind of silly to watch movies from the iPad on the HU. since the iPad screen is so much bigger. I did have my wife's nano plugged in first, but but when i "tried" to get the error, I didnt.

50 or 51 cable? Just had my z120 pulled, and replaced with a z130.. Got same error as OP. iPad2

Upgraded to 3.001 last night... and iPad2 still works.. full ipod and video control... QUESTION if I tether my iPad to my phone (for internet) or have a Wifi connection, can I use Pandora and other Avic aware apps?

On my Z120 (which has been replaced by a Z130) I was able to use make Panodra work with my iPad2. Plus I could use the device w/o the Pioneer accessory screen on the iPad. So far no luck with the Z130, but I need to get a 51 cable first.

• 3 weeks later...

In order to get the ipad2 To get working for music and pandora is connect the original ipad cable to the usb port on the avicz130 with the separetly sold 40$ tv hdmi out cable and you will be able to control the HU this worked 100% and it will also charge it i also used to get the error

You dont need no 50/51 cable just the 40$hdmi out cable and the origianl ipad cable and the other cable that goes ontop of the ipad for sound

So where does HDMI come in here? Also it sounds like you are talking about two or three different cables here to hook up one device every time you get in the car. I guess if connecting your iPad2 is that important but seems like way to much trouble to me.