AVIC411.com

Unit is muting its self when hot

Hi all,my Z120bt will be in mute everytime I start the car and it's hot. so, this only happens on hot summer days. Its done it from day one. It's been installed for a year now. What I end up doing is tilting the screen out using the eject sd card function, then point a vent on it so the cold AC can dool it down. Soem times it will take as long as 10 minutes before the mute will tuen off. It took me a while to figure out it was the heat. Does anyone else have this problem?

-John

Hi all,my Z120bt will be in mute everytime I start the car and it's hot. so, this only happens on hot summer days. Its done it from day one. It's been installed for a year now. What I end up doing is tilting the screen out using the eject sd card function, then point a vent on it so the cold AC can dool it down. Soem times it will take as long as 10 minutes before the mute will tuen off. It took me a while to figure out it was the heat. Does anyone else have this problem?

-John

I recall others having overheat issues, but I think those were from poor air circulation at the rear of the HU. That doesn't sound like your problem since it sounds like it mutes on start-up. I assume your car gets parked for extended periods in direct sun-light?

I don't know what you can do about that except reduce the heat build-up in the interior. Maybe a sun-shade. Or if possible, leave the window open a crack. Or better yrt, park in the shade.