AVIC411.com

Did anyone Tried AVG-VDP1, Vehicle Dynamics Processor

I came accros this accessorie for Pioneer in dash units :roll: .

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v ... 26,00.html

If you read the reviews from Pioneer web site it looks amaizing. Cheked eBay and the price range goes $200 to $300. On pioneer site is $400. If anyone has it in his/her car please post some reviews on how it works or is it acurate?..

Thanks

If you read the reviews from Pioneer web site it looks amaizing. Cheked eBay and the price range goes $200 to $300. On pioneer site is $400. If anyone has it in his/her car please post some reviews on how it works or is it acurate?..

Thanks

(Note: Not compatible with Pioneer Navigation Systems, such as AVIC-Z1, AVIC-N3, AVIC-N2, AVIC-D2, AVIC-D1 or AVIC-N1)

Yeah, he had to get an adapter to change to a 26-pin RGB or the other way around. He got it working, but it was a pain. He had to hunt down a couple obsolete parts, like a cd-rgb26p. and some rgb splitter box that was for the AVIC-505(remember that one?).

If you're into vehicle performance, the AVIC-Z1 lets you show it. Each AVIC-Z1 is equipped with sensors that can track your vehicle's performance while you're driving. The digital gauges display speed, acceleration G's, lateral G's, slope, angular velocity, battery voltage, and direction - all in real time.

The Vehicle Dynamics Display has a peak hold function to quickly see the maximum values recorded. The full-color gauges are available in several different finishes and can be displayed in either day or night time modes.

I have not seen comments on this feature.

If you're into vehicle performance, the AVIC-Z1 lets you show it. Each AVIC-Z1 is equipped with sensors that can track your vehicle's performance while you're driving. The digital gauges display speed, acceleration G's, lateral G's, slope, angular velocity, battery voltage, and direction - all in real time.

The Vehicle Dynamics Display has a peak hold function to quickly see the maximum values recorded. The full-color gauges are available in several different finishes and can be displayed in either day or night time modes.

I have not seen comments on this feature.

• 9 months later...

Thanks

(Note: Not compatible with Pioneer Navigation Systems, such as AVIC-Z1, AVIC-N3, AVIC-N2, AVIC-D2, AVIC-D1 or AVIC-N1)

When I bought my AVIC-Z2, the dealer / installer told me that Pioneer offered a vehicle dynamics "module" for use with the Z2, and this is the reason that I chose the Pioneer over a Clarion nav unit. I recently discovered the lateral & fore/aft acceleration features of the Z2's vehicle dynamics display, and this piqued my interest to begin looking into this "module". So, does anyone know whether the above-quoted "note" applies to the Z2? If it does apply, then does anyone know whether there is any other way to upgrade the existing Z2 performance measuring features?

BTW, I've written to Pioneer re: compatibility between the Z2 and the AVG-VDP1 Vehicle Dynamics Processor.

Thanks for any help.