AVIC411.com

3D Calibration Status

Hi,

I am curious about what exactly the point of "3D Calibration Status" is in the AVIC 120 :?: . I have looked at the manual ("The navigation system can automatically use its sensor memory based on the outer dimensions of the tires" pg 149 of the manual ==> wth?!?! lol) and searched the forums too but can't quite wrap my head around it. Could someone please explain the purpose of it please? Purely out of curiosity.

TIA! :-D

Hi,

I am curious about what exactly the point of "3D Calibration Status" is in the AVIC 120 :?: . I have looked at the manual ("The navigation system can automatically use its sensor memory based on the outer dimensions of the tires" pg 149 of the manual ==> wth?!?! lol) and searched the forums too but can't quite wrap my head around it. Could someone please explain the purpose of it please? Purely out of curiosity.

TIA! :-D

If the VSS sensor wire is connected to a pulsating source like a speedometer or ABS sensor, the unit will calibrate the distance the vehicle travels per pulse using the GPS. Once it is calibrated, it can do a decent job of estimating motion in places where no GPS signal is available. It also uses the Backup sensor if installed, and an internal gyro and slope sensor. With this info, it can do a dead reckoning estimation of your current position - based on the last good GPS fix.

So effectively calculates the VSS sensor's tire circumference (or however far it travels over one "pulse" unit. It really doesn't need to know your wheel size.

If the VSS sensor wire is connected to a pulsating source like a speedometer or ABS sensor, the unit will calibrate the distance the vehicle travels per pulse using the GPS. Once it is calibrated, it can do a decent job of estimating motion in places where no GPS signal is available. It also uses the Backup sensor if installed, and an internal gyro and slope sensor. With this info, it can do a dead reckoning estimation of your current position - based on the last good GPS fix.

So effectively calculates the VSS sensor's tire circumference (or however far it travels over one "pulse" unit. It really doesn't need to know your wheel size.

Ahh ok. Thank you. I am pretty sure mine is connected since the figures in their do change as I drive. It would be cool if to showed you the G forces since it's already is sensing them :twisted: .

Am in the process of looking for a back up camera. Heard that the Boyo VTL405 works well. Do you or any one else for that matter have any other suggestions?

Thanks again!