AVIC411.com

Question: iPod connection - which do you use / why? + more

not to mention that if you simply switch the switch prior to starting the vehicle to the position you will "mostly" use, it will be fine.. such as if you switched it to ipod control itself, you can take that road trip and control it from the ipod to watch movies, and if that control is good enough to use while on the road trip for movies, it would be good enough to use for music, so no real issue with this method.

It does require a bit more to install, cuz you have to open the adapter itself, but well worth it i think compared to buying a $50 adapter that does the very same thing, because with these perpheral adapters, you arent able to go back and forth to control it on the avic unit, you are STUCK with it on the ipod at all times.

Got another question :P

Where did you all install your iPod-control units? I can't decide on a location, but I'm leaning towards under the passenger seat.

there's not much room in the sonata dash if you ask me i have a pac switch and it took me an my pops to put the dam z1 back into the dash i don't know if u have the v6 and if the v6 wiring harness is smaller than the i4 but the i4 wiring harness is a ford wiring harness and that mug is HUGE LOL you can try putting it down where by the shifter if you kno what im talking about where you can put pens and what not the little flap down compartment put it behind that or something im sure it would work out well for you :D nice hidden area ;)

haha, periods are amazing.

Got the install done and works great. I'm going to take pictures later. But what I did was install it on a panel located above the gas pedal using velcro. As stated before, the install space is quite tight and with the navi alone, the spot is jam packed. I ran the iPod connector cable through the middle console and pulled it through the armrest. So the cable pops out of there and I hook up my iPod. I've also left a set of A/V cables in my glove box, in case I want video from the iPod or whatever.

Thanks for the tips all.

Make sure you throw a zip-tie around that thing, also. Heat makes the glue on velcro get gooey, as anyone with a EZpass or other automated toll payment box can tell ya. Especially since you said it's above your gas pedal. You sound like a nice guy, I'd hate to hear that you went water-skiing while still in your car because your accelerator went full throttle while you were on a nice cruise around the lake.