AVIC411.com

New to forum... have a few questions...

Hi, I own an AVIC-X920BT, an iPod and an iPhone 3G.

The system was installed with an iPod video cable and a parrot integration with the cars steering wheel buttons.

It has the latest 2.0 firmware (Canada) (And the only firmware that there ever has been for that matter)

1) --------------------

AVIC FEEDS is always disabled on the head unit. I was told you have to put an application on an SD Card.. Any info?

The only thing I've been able to do with AVIC Feeds is to add an AVIC feed contact to my contact list. Which is quite difficult to find at the head unit.

2) --------------------

I haven't been able to get the video feed from MotionX to appear on the head unit.

3) --------------------

If you don’t select map mode when the car is started you cannot do any voice commands without pressing a lot of buttons on the screen.

You must select map mode, select OK from the disclaimer screen, then wait while the iPod VR updates, then wait while voice activation starts.

Its really too much to ask a driver to do while driving.

Am I going to be able to solve this annoyance?

4) -------------------

If you're driving and have to call 411 or some voice mail service that requires you to enter digits, like "Press 1 is you want to..."

I don't see how you can. The keypad is disabled.

5) --------------------

iPod VR has to be updated over and over even if the iPod/iPhone hasn’t been disconnected. Any way to fix that?

6) --------------------

Is it worth spending the $120 for the MAP updates? I know where I live they city has grown since the unit was bought.

7) --------------------

iPod shuffle state is always lost between car starts.

-----------------------

I've read the FM...

TIA

2) i dont believe that your going to be able to, (which i must say that im a little confused as to why you would get a nav system if you where just not going to use the nav)

3) no

4)you must use the keypad on the phone (i know, i know, its stupid)

5)not 100% sure, with the 900bt, you can turn off the VR cataloging after it has completed once, and it will work fine unitl you add more music, in the early 930's before they removed the VR function, the VR would not work unless it was turned on and had to do the scan EVERY time, im not sure which way the 920's are, give it a try to find out

6)usually not in my opinion, even the new maps are still kinda out of date, and places that have been built over three years ago, are still not added (keep in mind that your area may be different)

7)if you want shuffle left on, you could try to set it on on the ipod itself (while its unplugged) and see if that makes a difference (i dont think it will)

First all of your questions have been covered numerous times in previous threads so a search would have given you answers but here goes.

1. Install the PC app.

2. Supported on i4 only or you must jailbreak your phone and install a TV OUT extension. Also covered many times on these forums.

3. No workaround and no fix. Its just the way it is.

4. Use the phone. No workaround here either.

5. Only has to be updated once after adding new content. Turn cataloging off when not needed. That one is in the manual.

6. Well thats up to you to decide if it is worth it. What are you hoping to gain?

7. Don't know the answer here but probably is the way its designed.

Finally, there is a lot of us full info on this forum. Take some time and start reading threads. You will gain a lot of knowledge. Good luck.

• 2 months later...

#4 this is stupid i feature that does not let you use the dial pad when on a call for options and extensions and have to use the phone

i called Pioneer a few days ago to see if there was any way around that and if it was a problem with my unit the settings or if it was built intot he firmware to be like that

they told me that its supposed ot be like that when i said its stupid

the guy mentioned well your not supposed to be using that when driving so the techs feel when desining the system and righting the firmware that that you need to be consitrating on the road and not punching in numbers

im like WTF lol

the guy mentioned well your not supposed to be using that when driving so the techs feel when desining the system and righting the firmware that that you need to be consitrating on the road and not punching in numbers

and i would have to agree with the tech, people are doing too much while driving, and how shitty people drive are proof to this!

ok then why put a dial pad on there at all

just make contacts available then why not that

because every number you might call, just might not be a contact of course.

just because you don't find a use for a feature, doesn't mean that it is not there for a reason.

As an example, at least a few times a week, i will have my fiance google a number to a restaurant that we are driving to so that i can call them (by having her type in the number, of course), and have us put on the waiting list thus saving us a lot of time waiting in line.

if it really bugs you that much, you really do have options,

1- Reverse engineer the system and do your own programming to have it work how you want it to.

2- Buy a system that does do what you would like it to do.

3- Live with it.

Also you may want to work on these things first.

...if it was built intot he firmware to be like that...

in to the

...they told me that its supposed ot be like that when i said its stupid...

to

... so the techs feel when desining the system

designing

...and righting the firmware...

writting

...that that you need to be consitrating on the road...

concentrating

...see it makes no seance...

sence

you really wouldn't like anybody dismissing any of your thoughts because they though you were of low intelligence.

It is as simple as turning on the spell check feature, or using auto correct on your phone!

Judging from the above and the complete lack of any punctuation (not that i believe any of it would be right either) we can safely say that option one can be removed.

because every number you might call, just might not be a contact of course.

just because you don't find a use for a feature, doesn't mean that it is not there for a reason.

As an example, at least a few times a week, i will have my fiance google a number to a restaurant that we are driving to so that i can call them (by having her type in the number, of course), and have us put on the waiting list thus saving us a lot of time waiting in line.

if it really bugs you that much, you really do have options,

1- Reverse engineer the system and do your own programming to have it work how you want it to.

2- Buy a system that does do what you would like it to do.

3- Live with it.

Also you may want to work on these things first.

in to the

to

designing

writting

concentrating

sence

you really wouldn't like anybody dismissing any of your thoughts because they though you were of low intelligence.

It is as simple as turning on the spell check feature, or using auto correct on your phone!

Judging from the above and the complete lack of any punctuation (not that i believe any of it would be right either) we can safely say that option one can be removed.

i take it personal when someone talk about my spelling

i have trouble with spelling and ill let someone know i have trouble with it first and have disabilitys that i am working threw because not many wanted to teach me when i was younger

but if they don;t know i cant say anything rude to them because its not right but now that you do know

please don't talk about my spelling and gramar issues

because it won't turn out good great at the end

and why google just use yoru POI and find what you want and call them LOL

i take it personal when someone talk about my spelling

that is exactly why I recommended using the spell checker. It sure as hell hides my mistakes.

and why google just use yoru POI and find what you want and call them LOL
The day that anybody can find the phone number from anyplace using the AVIC faster than i can with a smartphone, I'll use the pioneer, until then, I'll put my faith in Google.

The day that anybody can find the phone number from anyplace using the AVIC faster than i can with a smartphone, I'll use the pioneer, until then, I'll put my faith in Google.

still it does not make any sence and i think it is stupid and i have the right to say its a stupid set up atleast this is a free world so i do have the right correct ?

atleast its a free country at the moment lol

yes you can. you certainly can think its stupid if you really want to, but that is just the way it is. there are a lot of things that are wrong or buggy with these AVIC's. but when they are up to half the price of a lot of the other good ones, you learn to deal with it pretty quick.

yes you can. you certainly can think its stupid if you really want to, but that is just the way it is. there are a lot of things that are wrong or buggy with these AVIC's. but when they are up to half the price of a lot of the other good ones, you learn to deal with it pretty quick.

have already learned to deal with it for 2 weeks no

all i was saying is its stupid not to have this feature atleast for the reason they said it wasn't there

but hey im just sayin