AVIC411.com

10 MPH GPS shut off after bypass hack

Thank god for this site. You all have answered every question including the reboot problem.

I apologize if this topic has come up before. I installed the z100bt and did the bypass but every time I start driving I can no longer access the settings.

I did a search and found nothing when I entered "10 MPH".

If anyone has the link to where this has been addressed I would appreciate it.

I also did the Z110 to Z120 upgrade. In the future do I use Z120 updates on my AVIC?

Thanks Mucho

Thank god for this site. You all have answered every question including the reboot problem.

I apologize if this topic has come up before. I installed the z100bt and did the bypass but every time I start driving I can no longer access the settings.

I did a search and found nothing when I entered "10 MPH".

If anyone has the link to where this has been addressed I would appreciate it.

I also did the Z110 to Z120 upgrade. In the future do I use Z120 updates on my AVIC?

Thanks Mucho

Sounds like the bypass wasn't successful. Usually the problem is the moved wire isn't full seated in the harness. Some people damaged the wire trying to remove it. Also, some found the harness connector wasn't completely inserted.

For all intents and purposes, you now have a Z120, so yes. The only Z120 specific update is a small patch (v2.003) which can be downloaded from the Pioneer website. Also, the software upgrade to Z130 features and 2011 maps is available for purchase. That upgrade is for both Z110 & Z120.

Ron - you are correct sir. I pulled the pin out and inserted it again. This time I tested both sides with a ohm meter to make sure it was getting to ground. It works perfectly.

You guys are all right. If done correctly it works!

Now I have to go battle to find out why the ipod won't shuffle.

Thanks

Bruce

Ron - you are correct sir. I pulled the pin out and inserted it again. This time I tested both sides with a ohm meter to make sure it was getting to ground. It works perfectly.

You guys are all right. If done correctly it works!

Now I have to go battle to find out why the ipod won't shuffle.

Thanks

Bruce

Great,

There's a trick getting the ipod shuffle setting to stay set across reboots. I had that problem too. See if this helps. iPod shuffle problem