AVIC411.com

Backup camera activation

You have several problems, but here is the first one to fix.

1. The power for the camera is connected to the backup lights, but should be connected to ignition power. Camera should have power anytime the vehicle key is on.

Thanks for your reply. I do understand your first fix but how do I get the unit to switch automatically back to normal (out of the rear camera view mode) when I put the car in Drive to access my normal radio/nav operation? The display is stuck in the Rear Camera view. I have to press mode view to get out of that view BUT then I lose the ability to go back to that rear cam view.

Do I just have a bad unit or do you think it's a wiring problem? I don't know if this has anything to do with it but I do have this bypassed which works perfectly. Thanks

I think your backup camera video RCA is plugged into a aux input rather than the backup camera input. If you had this professionally installed, I would take it back to them to fix. If you did the install, check all your connections against the installation manual.

1. confirm camera has power when key is turned on.

2. confirm camera video RCA is connected to the backup camera input RCA (brown) on the back of the Z.

3. confirm the polarity setting (in menu settings) is correct when #1 and #2 are corrected.

I think your backup camera video RCA is plugged into a aux input rather than the backup camera input. If you had this professionally installed, I would take it back to them to fix. If you did the install, check all your connections against the installation manual.

1. confirm camera has power when key is turned on.

2. confirm camera video RCA is connected to the backup camera input RCA (brown) on the back of the Z.

3. confirm the polarity setting (in menu settings) is correct when #1 and #2 are corrected.

Thanks for your suggestions. When I first start my car it goes straight to the screen that says, "Image May Appear In Reverse", but it's blank which means the camera doesn't have power. When I then put my car in Reverse, the camera turns on in that same screen (like it's suppose to) So I'm guessing the RCA is correctly connected to the backup cam input RCA since its on that, "Image May Appear In Reverse" screen?

My problem is, that after putting the car in Drive, the display stays on the "Image May Appear In Reverse" screen. Shouldn't it automatically go to the main menu or my radio when I then put it into Drive? And what's wierd is that once I press the Mode button to get out of that display, i no longer have access to my back up camera. Nothing appears unless I restart my car. Is this normal?

I also did play with the polarity but it didn't resolve the problem.