AVIC411.com

Need help: no GPS guidance sound or Bluetooth sound

I installed my Z1 (manuf. date is September 2006) following Ducatiboy's bypass instructions. The unit worked flawlessly for the last 2 months. I was really impressed with it. Suddenly (with hardware & wiring untouched and no tempering with setup), I lost the sound for GPS guidance and Bluetooth both at the same time. All the while listening to CD, DVD, TV or radio, my speakers work fine. Only last week when either GPS guidance or bluetooth is 'activated', the speakers are muted (-20db as selected) as it should but there are no other sounds coming from my speakers. My bluetooth connection is fine, and actually I can make calls where other people will hear me, but I just can't hear them. I called Pioneer, and they told me to reset headunit and clear 3D calibration. I tried both and also reset to factory defaults. Neither worked, still no sound. Pioneer tech says if this doesn't work, I should send it in for service. Please help with suggestions, sending it in is time-consuming and the last thing I want to do. Anyone have similar experience. Like all of you, I spent a lot of money on the Z1 with all the options, but only to last for 2 months?? I hope not...

Z1

Bluetooth

Ipod

TV tuner 5700

Back up camera

Sorry forgot to mention. 2006 Honda Civic 4Dr Sedan. No other aftermarket add-ons. I did check on my guidance volume (esp. after the reset), default is 'middle' level. Z1 was self-installed with care and all wiring was done correctly, research and careful studying of Pioneer manual & other Z1 installation for days before it was installed. The unit (never been dropped or shorted) worked fine for 2 months, and none of the wiring was touched thereafter. One day last week, it decided not to work.

It's under warranty, so send it in.

This problem could intermittently correct itself and fool you into thinking that it's okay, only to go out again...the day after your warranty expires.

Send it in while its broken. If your sound comes back and then you send it in, Pioneer may never find the real source of the problem.

SEND IT IN! NOW!

The only thing I would say is to try higher and higher level of resets. If the level 1 doesn't work, try 2 and 3. 4 is the only one that you will lose stuff. And if you have to send it in, then you are most likely going to lost your info anyway.

The only thing that keeps popping into my mind about this one (and the other thread about this) is that if you have an external guide speaker, the main speakers are not used and all the phone and guide voice comes out the guide speaker.

I don't know any install which is using this feature. And I don't know how to activate it or whatever. I don't have time right now to look into it, but.... fellow members, look into what is needed or changes with a guide speaker installed.

chinabobo, if you happen to have an old car speaker laying around, try hooking it up to the guide speaker out and see if all that is coming though there instead of the front speakers.

I don't know how it knows or how you switch between using the front speakers and the guide speaker but I think we might look into that.

Thank all for your suggestions. I will also try (as mentioned by Ducatiboy) using an external speaker as a test. If this doesn't work either then I will 100% send it in. Other than that I might send it in anyway, mainly because it's supposed to work through the stereo speakers, as it did before.