AVIC411.com

pros and cons of appradio - #1priority does it have a video out over ride???

i really want to buy this product, i think its a cool idea. i have a jail broken phone and from what i hearing with the right install are you able to play movies or videos on the unit while driving, this is one of the biggest things i want from my nav unit. i know there are alot of options out there before i saw the app radio i was actually leaning towards the avic-130bt or the top of the line kenwood. woud someone be able to tell me the pros and cons of the app radio and the most important will it play video and will it play while the vehicle is in motion or is hte a bypass for that, im looking for the best bang for my buck and all the best available features. i hate to say money is no option but ive been saving for something nice and i want the best technology and i have a feeling app radio can take off. some please tell me the pros and cons of this app radio and if its actually something thats gooing to stick around.... thank you very much and i apppreciate any feedback.

thank you.

The AppRadio is definitly cheap for all the features that it brings to you BUT it has also lots of bugs (Minor ones from my point of view)

So if you are a little bit of a tech guy, go for the AppRadio knowing that there will be problems, bugs but a great product with lots of functions. (and lots to come this october)

If you are not techie, go for another product.

you can play movies etc...but it's easier with display out app and iphone 4 under firmware 4.3.3 ( get away from 4.3.5...for the moment display out don't work in the last iphone's version firmware )

and i follow jayrom opinion...there's minor bugs that will certainly be fixed soon...but if you look for the "extrem" perfekt produkt...you can have some little surprise.

i don't know in usa, but if you can try in a showroom to save radio station memory, sometimes it's not the radio station name that is saved, but the titlle song transmited instead...that's the main bug for me , with Dynamic rds problems...( not displays all like other radio fm...)

Anyway, i think this product is just released "too soon" but got good perspectives

look for display out...by pass...that's for the beginin, something really cool...waiting till for the official apps...

Don't know what "jayrom" is referring to by "lots to come this October" but if Pioneer's reputation is any guideline I wouldn't expect any major improvement to this unit until at least the release of next years unit and I wouldn't expect a huge improvement then. That being said I would assume the money spent would lead to a disappointment in this unit. I would wait.

@jayrom: Care to elaborate?

Hi,

In France, we have the chance to have a direct line of discussion with Pioneer throughout the AppRadio facebook page and they announced a GPS navigation app and a music app to be released in october.

Now when it comes to bugs, I have not received any comment from Pioneer corp but I know they put effort in this.

I also know they are working on another product with more functions but that will be like the AppRadio