AVIC411.com

missing solder points on n2.

As long as it's running the 40 series map set you just have to ground the parking brake. If you've updated the map set, then you'll have to take the headunit apart and solder on the board. Where and what I don't know it's floating around here somewhere though.

• 1 month later...

i think i have the same problem there is no number on the board that i can see so i have to take the unit apart if so can someone point me in the right direction please ty oh ps how do you know what map seris your using i got the green disc

completely proper grammar is not neccasary, but please use coherent english when posting....use those little things called periods and commas, and try not to sound so frantic in your posts....I am trying to understand your probs and offer solutions, but following your posts are giving me a bit of a headache....one question per sentence, slow down....

ok,i took the pioneer sticker off and there is two pins there but,it doesnt say r197,it says something elese ,the r179 is up a little way its weired? .. if i look at it the r197 is straight above the firat pin. do i connect this ? thank you

so you have R197? thats a good sign i suppose...there should be 2 contacts that are very, very close together....a grain of rice would prob touch both of them if you laid one in between vertically....bright side is this, if you use a circuit writer pen, you can prob. clean up the ink if you try to connect the points and they are not the correct ones...the downside: you may fry your unit if the connection causes a short of some kind....your call

but there isnt a r197 on my board! well i did some more reading again. this is what i came up with if you look in AVIC-N1 board scans.. the guy or the guess has that same board as me so i got to soder a wire or trace like he did in the pic with the green outline :roll: