AVIC411.com

i know that the price is great for app radio but am i missing something there has to be some downfall to this app radio, right now bassicaly no apps are out for the product , i want a navi thats going to be able to do it all and buy gettin an app radio i thought that more and more stuff would be comeing out for the product but right now it seems to be dead product that pioneer is going to give up on leaving us investors stuck in the dust. i think tihis product can be great if they listened to peoples opinions addded cool features and let us play videos on our devices, but this is not the case. internet tethering to the device would be awesome as well so you can check your social medial but i doesnt seem that pioneer is ever going to listen to the consumer.

please if anyone has any pros or cons please state them here, and let me know what kind of navi unit i should get if any at all

i want a navi thats going to be able to do it all

Never going to happen.

internet tethering to the device would be awesome as well so you can check your social medial but i doesnt seem that pioneer is ever going to listen to the consumer.

Tethering to the unit? This is not needed sense everything works off the apps on the phone. And its not Pioneer in this case thats the problem. This unit has no apps and is just a blank monitor for iDevice apps. This is an extremely nich product that developers aren't going to get much return on by devoting valuable resources to develop for this product. Any app developed for this product will be absolutely useless for someone that doesn't have this product. And with 100 million plus iDevices in the world why would even a few developers care about this product? Despite all of that I am sure more support will arrive in the future but it will be when more then just Pioneer releases products of this type. As I said in my previous post above, I wouldn't expect more more out of this unit but more out of the next unit and so on. Its just going to take some time.

For me, the big difference comes down to setup. With steering wheel controls and a decent dash dock, I quite honestly prefer this to my previous D3. Pandora is fantastic, iPod controls are much improved and Motion X is a vastly superior GPS to the disc based one in the D3.

Once you get used to the device the "shortcomings" are generally reduced to "quirks".

You really shouldn't do much when behind the wheel anyway (which is probably why certain things aren't possible), but things like source change, track skip and vol are managed beautifully with added steering wheel controls.

hi med. i'm not trying to put you down or your choice of radio. i should have just typed that "it doesn't work for me". i really do think it's a great concept. i've been waiting for it since CES in the beginning of the year. having said that, the reviews do speak for most folks that have complaints about it. it'll work for some folks and i think that's great. hopefully, that means that improvements will be made. i really, really think that if pioneer can address some of the issues that users have, it'll be even more popular.

Personnaly, there's some very bad points about this product...i admit it clearly !!!!!

but compare to the price, the futur apps...anyway if there's no apps, just using display out iphone app, make this unit good to not say "great".

i've tried it with tom tom....excellent.

it's a radio / mp3 / mp4 system, with gps by display out or motion x directly, what do you need else ? a coffee machine included ????