AVIC411.com

Pioneer Z2 Ejecting Problem

Hi guys,

I am new here, and was trying to research a topic but to no avail. I have had Pioneer Z2 for a few years with no problem. 2 weeks ago I replaced my battery and when I went to eject my CD from the unit it would tilt about half way and not fully open. I am hearing the motor and everything working. I then have to close it by tilting the screen back into the normal position. I tried everything to fully eject the CD but nothing works. Do you guys have any idea? Thanks. Also the CD still plays perfect. Thanks again.

The part you need is called RACK and the part number is CZN7014 and cost $16.95.

http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/par ... um=CZN7014

Here is a link to a post by member Toro34 showing how to disassemble and replace the RACK (great write up):

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=23674

I have repaired 2 of these by reusing the existing RACK with 2 of the 4 'tabs' broken. I am not a repair shop, but just helping friends. Taking it apart and reinstalling the broken RACK has worked in the past, so you may give it a shot as a temp fix until you can get the part.

• 6 months later...