AVIC411.com

Installed D2 with Pac Steering Wheel Cntrl but Minor Problem

Basically when I toggle the steering wheel remote up and down it switches to the next or previous track on the CD playing however when listening to the radio and I toggle the switch instead of switching to the next programmed "preset" it goes to the next FM station so if I'm listening to 100.3 it goes to 100.5 instead of going to my next programmed preset of 103.5

The installer told me it was some settng on the D2 itself but I have not found any such thing. He told me if the track switch works so should the fm presets, but it doesnt.

Maybe someone can advise.

I know exactly what you mean. I have a 2000 accord and it has volume up and volume down button which works great but the other button is to change to the following track which works good too, but the problem is when you go to tuner and press this button it changes to the next frequency, like from 97.1 to 97.3 but we want it to go throught the preset stations instead. I always wondered about this but figured there was no way around it. If you set the pac to work with preset, then when you play a cd it won't go to the next track, it will go to the next cd if you have a cd changer.

cntrylvr79 is right on the ball here. You only have the following options:

-Volume up

-Volume down

-mute

-track up/seek up

-track down/seek down

-source

-preset up/disc up

-preset down/disc down

-band

If you have 9 functions on your steering wheel controls you can program all 9. If you only have 5, then you'll have to choose 5 of the 9. Kinda sucks--as I was in the market to get a SWI-PS for my xB, and was hoping it would control track and preset.

Chris.