AVIC411.com

Within the last month or so I have noticed that many times I am having issues with correct vehicle placement on the map. Narrowed the problem down to the gyro. While driving with a fixed map (always pointing North), the marker on the screen is doing circles on the map as I drive.

Issue is when I am driving straight it shows that I am turning, I can see this b/c the lateral g (think thats the gauge) shows that I am at say -10 when I'm going straight.

Thought I narrowed down a fix to making sure I select a route or the map when I am stopped, thought it was only wigging out while trying to go from audio to map while driving.

That hasn't seemed to fix it. I've reset the unit half a dozen times and also I've reset 3D calibration as many times also. All of which seems to work for 50 miles or so and then my issue comes back.

Installation angle is set at center (Scion xB). Really don't know where to go with this.

Just double check that there isn't anything highly magnetic near the AVIC's chassis. Also, be sure the nav antenna isn't stuck to the top of the radio. I've seen that happen, whether someone put it there or if the antenna slid off whatever it was mounted to and unfortunately, the radio chassis was the first piece of metal it encountered on its trip through the dash.

Well Pioneer of course is of no help, beyond the "so how long have you had it"

"over a year, hmm, wow, well we could set you up for service--$200 general fee"

So far this is driving me crazy. I've gone through and cleared the GYRO learned data through the service menu, but that seems to do the same thing as the 3D calibration reset.

Chris.

• 1 month later...

I am having this issue as well with mine. if you go on the 3D Calibration Screen it shows that my vehicle is constantly in a right hand turn (1 notch on the screen), which is making my arrow do 360's around the point of location. I click Sensor Reset, and it goes away.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? Someone mentioned a service menu? etc.

I bought another D2 is there a way I can swap out the chassis with the existing serial # (because I purchased an extended 3yr contract), just dont want to go without a D2 in my car for 2 weeks while they attempt to find/fix the issue

installation angle is set at center, in the menu, my installation position = good, GPS Satellites are 7 with 3 Bars of Signal,

I dont think they hooked up the VSS wire, because they couldnt find it (2006 Nissan X-Terra Off Road with 5 Speed Auto Transmission)

The installer said I didnt need the VSS because im getting great GPS Signal (and speed has never been an issue). Its that Internal Gyro that makes my car think its doing a constant right turn.

Within the last month or so I have noticed that many times I am having issues with correct vehicle placement on the map. Narrowed the problem down to the gyro. While driving with a fixed map (always pointing North), the marker on the screen is doing circles on the map as I drive.

Issue is when I am driving straight it shows that I am turning, I can see this b/c the lateral g (think thats the gauge) shows that I am at say -10 when I'm going straight.

Thought I narrowed down a fix to making sure I select a route or the map when I am stopped, thought it was only wigging out while trying to go from audio to map while driving.

That hasn't seemed to fix it. I've reset the unit half a dozen times and also I've reset 3D calibration as many times also. All of which seems to work for 50 miles or so and then my issue comes back.

Installation angle is set at center (Scion xB). Really don't know where to go with this.

• 5 months later...