AVIC411.com

Z130BT cannot turn off screen until I put the park brake on

Are you doubly sure that you are able to turn off the display if you do not have your parking brake on? The reason why I am asking it is odd on how everything else is working but this and illumination and traffic tuner.

Anyways, I am going back to him and I got the below for him to make sure he does it right this time.

Pioneer Harness Scosche HA08B / HA08 Other Yellow Yellow 12V Constant Red Red 12V Accessory Orange Orange Dash Light Dimmer/Illumination Black Black Ground White White Left Front Speaker (+) White with Black Stripe White with Black Stripe Left Front Speaker (-) Gray Gray Right Front Speaker (+) Gray with Black Stripe Gray with Black Stripe Right Front Speaker (-) Green Green Left Rear Speaker (+) Green with Black Stripe Green with Black Stripe Left Rear Speaker (-) Violet Purple Right Rear Speaker (+) Violet with black stripe Purple with Black Stripe Right Rear Speaker (-) Blue/White Blue Power Antenna Pink VSS Variable Speed Sensor Light Green Power Side Of Parking Brake Switch Parking Brake Switch Violet/White Reverse Gear Signal Input Reverse Gear Signal Input RCA Connector Brown RearView Camera In

Sorry, that is not what I meant.

Unit powers on when the car starts and powers off when the car is turned off.

There is an option to switch off the display without turning off the unit by holding the home button for about 5 seconds. This works only when the parking brake is on and not when the vehicle is in motion.

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure what is being referred to as "off" here. I'm not aware of anyway to explicitly turn off the power like on a traditional stereo. On my unit you can turn the radio "off" by pressing the "off" button on the left side with the modes. You can also turn the screen display off by pressing and holding home for 2 or 3 seconds. This just turns off the display, but music and such still plays. Those are the only two "off"s I'm aware of.