AVIC411.com

X930BT screen dims when gear is out of P

I noticed the screen on my x930bt gets really dim when I am not in the "P" of my gears. Basically as soon as I put it in gear, the screen becomes really dim. Is that a wiring installation issue? I thought it only gets dim when I turn on the headlights, but it seems like it doing that when I drive not when my lights are one.

When I put the gear back to "P" it becomes brighter again.

Help please!!!

I held down to the 'mode' button for 2 seconds and was able to adjust the picture settings including the dimmer adjustment.

While in the picture settings, when I switch in and out of P, I noticed that the picture settings goes from a sun to a moon. So I'm basically able to adjust dimmer settings for when I'm in Park and in gear, but the system is thinking its day and night. So does this mean my installed messed up and misconnected a wire to my gears instead of my headlight module?

Is anyone's like that or is everyone's dim when the headlights are off/on

I think the installer messed up cause when I goto map settings and change the day/night display to automatic and then change gears the map goes from day to night when I switch out of P into R or D. So something is seriously messed up. The system should be detecting based on my headlight switch not by my gears

Anyone else have this issue or is everyone else's by headlights