AVIC411.com

X930BT Display Dimmer - Day/Night PROBLEM

I think my installer messed up the connections of m y X930BT.

I first noticed the screen on my x930bt gets really dim when I am not in the 'P' position of my gears. Basically as soon as I put it in gear other then the 'PARKING GEAR', the screen becomes really dim. So when I'm in 'R, N, or D' it becomes dim.

So I went into the picture settings, and when I switch the gear shift in and out of 'P', I noticed that the picture settings icon goes from a sun to a moon. When in 'P', its an icon of a sun. When it's in 'R, N, D' it goes into a moon icon. It's going from day to night mode, but it's being activated by switching of my gears as opposed to the switching on of the headlights.

I mean I can manually adjust the 'night mode' to be brighter while in DRIVE, but I also don't want it super bright during the night.

I read somewhere that it's an orange wire for dimmer settings.

Did my installer install it incorrectly somehow to my gears rather than the headlights?

Help pleeeeeease!

im wondering that same thing

id like to know how you run that wire

do you have to run the Orange wire to the headlamp switch or does it run somewhere els

anyone know im going in in the AM and the tech i have doing the install told me he was not sure but he can try and figure out how it will work