AVIC411.com

Canadian Z1 has no security?

[quote name="Anonymous"]and the maps..?[/quote]

The us model has us and canada maps so I'd guess any canadian model would as well. However, Canada adopts car safety laws fairly early, ie they adopted daytime running lights in the late 80's/early 90's, so I doubt they'll allow touchscreens while driving. Can anyone confirm/deny?
  • 3 weeks later...
I'm from Toronto. I got mine a couple days ago.

During install, I just did NOT connect the parking wire and during the Navigation boot up, I just click the parking lights ON and OFF once and bypass works perfect.

The VSS is also connected and works perfectly but does not restrict the DVD playback while the car is driving.

Very simple. Is it different in the US models? And if you guys are looking to buy a unit from Canada, try Best Buy's canadian site: [url=http://www.BestBuy.ca]www.BestBuy.ca[/url]
I also live in Toronto, and have a Z1. If the illumination wire is correctly connected, and the parking brake wire is properly bypassed, then all you have to do is flick the lights on and off during start-up and you can watch DVDs on the go for sure!

I did not believe it until I saw it work for my self! My installer could not believe that it worked, either!

As well, my VSS is hooked up and working perfectly, and does not interfere with watching DVDs on the go.