AVIC411.com

Avic-x930bt video playback during navi

I have the x930BT and if you do the mod(I did) you can watch dvd, enter addresses in nav or have full phone capabilities while vehicle is moving. Obviosly there are inherent dangers doing so, I set mine up for my passenger to help me navigate while moving.

Call Dennis @ http://www.doubledmods.com/ ( I am in no way affiliated with them, I have just done business with the company)

He has the best prices ( he beat Sonic and Crutchfield)and sells all the gear for a factory plug-n-play installation. When I recieved my gear it cam complete with color wiring diagrams for my specific vehicle and then Dennis was avaialable on the phone to talk me through the installation.

Richard

I will check with Dennis but I might not have made my question clear. This is not a mod I am talking about it. What I am trying to find out is if the unit can physically play dvd's or any video while the navigation is going. For example if I am driving along and I have a route planned in the navigation and I pop a DVD in and start watching, will the system interupt the dvd with route gauidence/intructions?

yes, it's capable of doing that. the bypass needs to be done.

you can set a destination then have a DVD play. when you need to make a turn, the navi will overlay with a voice prompt and/or guidance screen. the video will NOT pause but after the turn or exit is made, you'll be back at the DVD screen.

Barney Stinson is correct