AVIC411.com

FYI

TomTom confirmed today to me on Twitter that Appradio support will not be added (read: they are not considering to add it).

Navigon has forwarded the request to an internal team to consider it for one of the upcoming releases.

So I guess we (European users) are stuck to NavFree for navigation, which has some major screen alignment issues on iOS5 :-\

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Guys you need to understand that most iOS developers aren't going to care about this thing. People that own these units are such a negligible percentage of people that will be using these apps that the app developers cant devote resources to adding functionality into there apps that almost no one can benefit from. That is likely the reason why TomTom has taken the position that they have taken.

Yes I see your point regarding app developers, I would even pay that extra for an extra module to be added to Navigon for use with app radio, if small companies that provide Free GPS software can do it, I think the bigger ones could easily cash in on this niche market.

Not just for Pioneer but the new JVC app radio etc

if small companies that provide Free GPS software can do it, I think the bigger ones could easily cash in on this niche market.

The small companies do it because they have to in order to get exposure. Navigon and TomTom dont have to sense they already have a large customer base.

• 4 weeks later...

I think that would be very useful for tomtom and navigon support appradio . Imagine how many people would buy the software for appradio and how many others would buy the appradio, knowing that the tomtom or Navigon app is compatible. Pioneer should try to involve other companies to push them to develop software compatible with the appradio...

Vblue, i agree with you, but pistillo is right too....how many people have tom tom ? it would be a good deal for exemple, you update tom tom for 10 or 20 euros to make it work with appradio....people could do that...and buying an appradio by the way...

( personnaly, i prefer igo , but the idea is good ) :P

Vblue, i agree with you, but pistillo is right too....how many people have tom tom ? it would be a good deal for exemple, you update tom tom for 10 or 20 euros to make it work with appradio....people could do that...and buying an appradio by the way...

( personnaly, i prefer igo , but the idea is good ) :P

igo is not compatible... have you JB your appradio?