AVIC411.com

x930BT questions

Is everyone installing the gps antenna on their dashboard? Few places people mention they just put it on top of the skin of the avic, wouldnt that cause poor gps signal since it will be inside the dash? Just trying to figure out best place for this since this is going into a 2007 Honda Civic.

I will be doing the bypass mod but should I still connect the VSS wire?

Any recommendations on a backup camera thats not too expensive, looking for less than $100?

I have the GPS antenna to the side of the unit, but under the dash panel. In my case the dash panel is a thick vinyl (or whatever), which is pretty much transparent at the frequencies for which GPS operates, as is the glass windscreen unless there is a metal coating on/embedded in the glass.

I am thinking of putting the GPS antenna on top of the x930bt when in stalling it. This is going into a 2007 honda Civic. Curious if the signal will be good enough even though its under the dash but on a Civic the radio sits up high on the dash.

As long as the dash panel above it isn't metal, no problem.

I wired mine through a hole in the firewall then peeled back the windshield trim and ran it to the top of my truck. Its barely noticeable, all my wires are hidden and the trim is secure. If you're worried about it being visible or wires then run it to the corner of your dash. While the unit is out there is enough space to run the wire back there. I wouldnt put it anywhere near the device since it is magnetic.

• 3 weeks later...

The location for the factory GPS antenna on a 8th gen Civic is to the right of the upper cluster/speedo. There's 3 screws to remove the trim panel around the speedo, and you should see it. I have both the GPS and XM antenna mounted there, no issues with either one.

I did the bypass and connected the VSS wire, no issues here.

Backup cam, I'm running a cheap (~$20) cam from Amazon, no issues.

I have all this in a 06 Civic LX coupe, the only thing you see other that the head unit are the mic, which I have mounted near the lower instrument cluster, and the USB/aux in cable that I have the iPod cable connected to coming out of the cubbyhole near the 12V outlet.

7c923f54.jpg

bec3a248.jpg