AVIC411.com

iPhone 4S sound connection

I have a Z130Bt unit in the car. Had the cable from the unit connecting to my iPhone 3GS. Worked great. I now have an iPhone 4S with a Boost Case on it. Extra battery and case all in one. Problem is it is charged with a micro usb cable. What I'm wondering is, is there a cable that would connect to the iPhone cable from the Z130 and convert to micro usb? I assume that would only handle power so I guess I would have to also have it split off to the line out connection on the phone. Does anyone know if there is a cable like this and whether or not it would work? I really don't want to take off the case every time I get in the car.

I have a Z130Bt unit in the car. Had the cable from the unit connecting to my iPhone 3GS. Worked great. I now have an iPhone 4S with a Boost Case on it. Extra battery and case all in one. Problem is it is charged with a micro usb cable. What I'm wondering is, is there a cable that would connect to the iPhone cable from the Z130 and convert to micro usb? I assume that would only handle power so I guess I would have to also have it split off to the line out connection on the phone. Does anyone know if there is a cable like this and whether or not it would work? I really don't want to take off the case every time I get in the car.

Can't say i've seen any of those cables on a store shelf.

+1. Never have looked at a Boost Case, but it sounds to me like the only connection you have to the phone is the micro-usb jack. In order to work with the Z130, you need to be able to connect the Pioneer iPod adapter cable directly to the 30pin connector on the bottom of the phone. That is where you will get line-out audio/video. You cant get those from the usb connection (micro or standard). If you could, the Pioneer iPod adapter wouldn't be necessary.

So, I don't think any adapter cable exists or would work.

I think I have found a solution to my problem and I am passing it along. It's from a company called cablejive.com.

I'm assuming it will plug into the 30 pin cable coming from the Z130 and connect to the iPhone.

Thanks for the responses.

dockBoss+ Smart USB and Audio Adapter Cable for iPod or iPhone Docks

Interesting solution. The only problem I can think of is that it gets audio from the headphone jack, not line-out. The quality will suffer - as anyone who has compared the two (line vs headphone) will confirm. The headphone audio level is variable and much lower than line-out. Boosting the level in the HU increases the signal and the analog noise. So the S/N ratio is very poor.