AVIC411.com

I just completed the installation of a Z130bt and the ASWC and have noticed a very annoying problem. I programmed the ASWC to use "presets" for the up and down buttons on the steering wheel. This works fine when in radio mode and mirrors the "trk" buttons on the radio. When I switch modes to BT-A or iPod, the up and down buttons no longer work. I expected it to behave like the trk buttons on the radio and change selections. It's as if in any mode except radio the SWC does not work. The volume and other buttons work fine in all modes. This inconsistencies leads me to believe its a software bug or defect in the pioneer unit.

Anyone else experiencing this? I've thought about reprogramming the ASWC from "presets" to "frequency" to see if it makes a difference but it's not how i want to change channels in radio mode and then the controls won't be in sync with the radio's trk buttons.

I just completed the installation of a Z130bt and the ASWC and have noticed a very annoying problem... This inconsistencies leads me to believe its a software bug or defect in the pioneer unit.

I have ASWC and it behaves same way- Unfortunately it is how Pioneer's engineers design these units.

The hard buttons on the radio are TRK/Seek, so I would of used the ASWC's Seek Up/Next and Seek Down/Prev commands. There are no hard-buttons for "Preset". See pg 73 in the Z130 manual for the operation of << and >> in radio mode.

On page 74 those buttons are documented as "you can move preset channels up or down". Using Seek up/down (what I called frequencies) doesn't do that. It scans to the next frequency, not my next preset. From Ralpharn's response it sounds like a defect or bug then.

I disagree. Just because it doesn't behave the way you think it should doesn't make it a bug. If you send Preset/Prev/Next commands to an app in which the commands are meaningless, don't expect it to do something.

The flaw is that your controller doesn't have enough buttons to control the AVIC, so you are trying to overload the buttons. But the controller is not context sensitive, so it is just sending the command it was programmed.

I disagree. Just because it doesn't behave the way you think it should doesn't make it a bug. If you send Preset/Prev/Next commands to an app in which the commands are meaningless, don't expect it to do something.

The flaw is that your controller doesn't have enough buttons to control the AVIC, so you are trying to overload the buttons. But the controller is not context sensitive, so it is just sending the command it was programmed.

That's were I disagree. As you say I am sending commands to an app. That app is behaving inconsistently and not as documented. That makes it a bug. Sorry, this is my first time with a pioneer product and none of my other cars with other brands have this issue. In fact another brand allows me to set the behavior at the radio setup.

I played around with my FM today and I agree that the manual is wrong. On pg 13, it says the < Trk > hard buttons should function as Seek (since next trk is meaningless w FM). But they clearly operate as previous/next Preset. The |<< and >>| soft buttons seem to perform what you'd normally call Seek (or manual tuning). The pg 73 FM description don't even mention the Trk hard buttons. There it says to touch the Preset wheel on the right.

So, I agree the manual is wrong and the design is inconsistent. I think if you had two unused buttons on your steering wheel that you could program as prev/next Preset, the problem would be solved.

I played around with my FM today and I agree that the manual is wrong. On pg 13, it says the < Trk > hard buttons should function as Seek (since next trk is meaningless w FM). But they clearly operate as previous/next Preset. The |<< and >>| soft buttons seem to perform what you'd normally call Seek (or manual tuning). The pg 73 FM description don't even mention the Trk hard buttons. There it says to touch the Preset wheel on the right.

So, I agree the manual is wrong and the design is inconsistent. I think if you had two unused buttons on your steering wheel that you could program as prev/next Preset, the problem would be solved.

The hard buttons are described on the next page. See my early post above.

Just an update. I contacted Pioneer and they called me back regarding the issue. At this time they see no problem in how the SWC Interface is coded as it works "properly" when used with a Pioneer Wired Remote which of course has buttons for both seek and presets. Interestingly enough with the wired remote, you use seek up/down for all modes and the preset up/down apparently only works in the radio mode. They did take the note of the issue and said if enough users call in to complain, it can be easily changed or fixed with a firmware update.

If you want the SWC to work like the hardware bottons defined on page 74, please give them a call at 800-421-1404 and tell them.

Side note, the guy I spoke too was aware that other brands do work differently and was even familiar with another manufacture that offers a setup option on the radio that pioneer does not currently offer but could with software.