AVIC411.com

RCA Connector Problems - Backfeed

Ok I have had my deck out for a long time now because I was having problems with it.... When the RCA's from my amp were hooked up to the back of the deck if I moved the wires around at the back, or hit a bump in the road or hitting the top of my dash I would get a bad feedback noise that wouldn't go anyway until I unplugged the RCAs or moved the wires around where the white connectors goes into the dash...

This is not only happening when the car is moving.. I can have the truck shut off and it would still do it. So it's not an alternator noise or anything like that. Also just to experiment with the connects I decided to plug the RCA's into the RCA plugs for the front speakers (no amp hooked up) just to see if it would still make the noise... So I put them in the "front speaker" rca connectors and sure enough it did it again...

I have been told that these pioneer decks could have issues with a ground wire inside the unit that break of the circuit board.. Which in turn causes the issues.. I don't remember where I read it or if this even is the same issue....

Anyone have some insight...

Pioneer wants 120/flat rate to fix.. If it is the circuit board it's more like $300-400 to repair.... I don't mind paying $90-120 I guess to have the solder fixed but anything more then that I will just sell the deck to someone who won't be hooking up amps. Everything else on the deck works no problem just the RCA connectors are screwed...

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...