AVIC411.com

bt connection after cord connected has already been made

this was something that was really annoying on my last bt hu and it seems to be present here too. for example, lets say i am driving down the road and my iphone is plugged in to the hu and playing music. i stop to get gas, turn the car off, fill up and start the car. the music will start playing immediately but as soon as the bt has connected the music stops. i have to unplug my iphone and replug it back in to get it to play.

there was no solution with my old kenwood as bt is programmed as the proprietary connection and supersedes the corded connection. each time i started the car i had to wait for the bt connection to be established before i made a corded connection or i would have no audio from either. this is really annoying considering i am in my car for work all day long making lots of stops, so each time i have to unplug/replug in my iphone. anyone have a solution to this problem?

So, you are playing music thru the iPod source (wired to your iPhone), and when your iPhone connects to BT, the HU source stays on iPod but the music stops playing? Unless I'm missing something, it doesn't sound like an HU problem. Sounds like your phone. When a BT source connects, the HU doesn't switch the audio source to BT - so the current source should continue playing on the HU.

• 2 weeks later...

a little update. turns out when it is connected via the cord prior to being on once the bt connects it pauses the corded play, not mutes. there is a good 3 second pause with no audio while playing but then it pauses, so i unpause and it continues.

on a related note, i have found the sound quality of the bt streaming to be superior to the corded connection, something that goes against everything i have ever learned about streaming bt. anyone experience something similar?

on a related note, i have found the sound quality of the bt streaming to be superior to the corded connection, something that goes against everything i have ever learned about streaming bt. anyone experience something similar?

Wait, are you using the CD-IU50V (or 51V if you have a real Z130) to "cord" your iPhone? The only way BT could be superior would be if you were using the headphone jack. That might also explain your other wierdness.

My streaming BT sounds OK, but not as clean and crisp as my iPod connection.