AVIC411.com

Hello,

I have a Z2

I noticed my amps stay on even when I turn the Source to Off.

Why is this and is there a way to change that?

I have the remote from the amp connected to the remote (blue wire) on the deck.

My amps turn off when I turn off the key but not with the source selected to OFF.

Weird, not the worst problem but is this normal?

Thank you in advance for your help.

It is not actually turning on, the circuit from the power indication led is still working so it makes you think it is on...but it is not....

to put this nicely, you are about as wrong as you could be, newer AVIC's can not be turned off, when ACC power is being sent to the radio (key is on) they can only be put into stand by mode (all sources off) and because of this, they will keep any amps that are turned on through the amp turn on wire power up.

Even worse news there is now way to repair it. A friend of mine sent it to a car audio shop but they said it was unrepairable.Sorry to be the barer of bad news

what were they supposed to repair? nothing in this thread is broke, the system is function exactly as it was designed to do.

what do you think is the reason for this?

I have owned many many HU's and never seen this before.

welcome to the world of pioneer's brilliant engineers, why do they do half the things that they do?

this one, as weird as it is, actually makes a little sense when you look at the bigger picture. the biggest reason for them keeping the amps turn on is that even if you have no music playing, is that there may be other stuff that may need to come over the speakers. for instance, say you have a route planned and you have the source turned off, lets also say that instead of having your speakers ampflied from the deck, you have either a 4ch amp or a factory amp. now when it is time for the nav to give you a set of verbal directions, you will be able to hear them because if the amps where turned off like the rest of the sources, the directions would not be able to come through. the same goes for bluetooth calls.

welcome to the world of pioneer's brilliant engineers, why do they do half the things that they do?

this one, as weird as it is, actually makes a little sense when you look at the bigger picture. the biggest reason for them keeping the amps turn on is that even if you have no music playing, is that there may be other stuff that may need to come over the speakers. for instance, say you have a route planned and you have the source turned off, lets also say that instead of having your speakers ampflied from the deck, you have either a 4ch amp or a factory amp. now when it is time for the nav to give you a set of verbal directions, you will be able to hear them because if the amps where turned off like the rest of the sources, the directions would not be able to come through. the same goes for bluetooth calls.

That actually makes a lot of sense. I do not use the on-board amp at all.

see, there you go! they were actually looking out and fixing problems you didn't even know that you had yet! lol

also, as covered in another thread, if you really need to stop this from happening, you can install a switch inline with the remote amp turn on wire (which for 99% of all cases, this should not be necessary)

Yea it is not really necessary, I only noticed it cause I was changing some things around on my amps and turned the unit off as I do not like to unplug or plug in the RCAs with the radio on.

So I turned the radio off and noticed that both amps were still on.

I just turned the car all the way off to solve the problem.