AVIC411.com

iPhone on at all times ???

Hi,

New to the forum and to app radio. I just installed it today in my 2006 mazda3. Looks great, with the bose system in the car it sounds great. I just have a few questions:

1. Does my iPhone have to be on at all times? When using the navigation (motion X) my iPhone and the app radio screen are both on, when i put the iPhone to sleep the navigation on the app radio goes off same thing with Pandora. With having my iPhone on at all times its gets really hot and im afraid it will burn out the battery. This is by biggest concern that i need to have both screens on at once.

2. When im using Pandora app I cant go back to the home screen and select navigation, or I cant select a new station from the app radio or even the iPhone.

Other than that so far it seems pretty good.

I am using the iPhone 4s i dont think that should make a difference.

Thanks in advance for any help

Matt

• 2 months later...

Hi, about your iphone usage with your appradio the answer is yes it was normal that if you put your iphone in sleep mode he is going to disconnect from your appradio.

And about pandora i have exactly the same issue, i contact pandora and they known about that and they probably fix this issue in futur update. lol

JC

If you guys jailbreak your phone, there is app called AppRadio Extensions that fixes your Pandora issue. Also there is a software update call AppRadio plus, this actually replaces the iPhone software. Read all the latest threads.