AVIC411.com

Avic Z1 Hooking a MP3 Player up through RCA ports

Hell Everyone,

I know this is discussed in several other posts but I am missing something. I have hooked a 1/8th jack to RCA converter to the RCA (Red and White) input on the back of my Avic Z1. I have turned the A/V port to Video and hooked my mp3 player to it but I get no audio at all. The weird part is that if I switch the A/V mode to off or ext I can hear the music faintly and even if I turn the stereo off on the interface I still hear the music. What am I doing wrong here? From all of the other posts I see I have it hooked right but still no love. Any help would be huge.

I am pretty sure I am in all of the right RCA's. I am going into the red and white on the back of the Z1. The volume on the mp3 player is all of the way up and I have tried 2 different 1/8th inch cable with no love. I keep thinking it may be wiring though as the music is only heard when I switch a/v to something other than video and when I do that I can hear the music faintly through the speakers all of the time. If I turn the stereo off there is music if I switch to library I hear the mp3 player before the library starts playing. If I turn the stereo all of the way down to mute the music I can hear the mp3. It is really weird.