AVIC411.com

PIONEER....COSTLY REPAIRS!? Smashed screen.

My vehicle was vandalized, the unit could not be removed, so the screen was smashed. I sent it to Pioneer and they now want $746 to repair. I only paid $500 for the unit, but have been very

happy with it. Pioneer insists on restoring unit to origninal factory specs. The techs have been less than polite....the feeling is, we have your D3 and we're going to soak you. A cd was in the unit

and I was able to eject it with no problem after damage. The radio was on and it played just fine after damge, but could not change the channel. Pioneer said the "box" (ie metal case) was damaged.

However, I saw no deformed metal before sending it in. I went back to the tech who removed it and he remembers no damage to the "box". I asked Pioneer to just repair/replace the touch screen, but they

will not, it's their way or they will not repair it. Anyone have any info to share? I didn't think I would run into this problem when I purchased the unit...dealing with out of town/ state repair facility. The unit

is in Longbeach and I'm in Salt Lake City. Grrrrrrr.