AVIC411.com

Need some info

Hello all, I have areal dilemma. I cant believe this question hasn't been asked before...

I am looking into a new avic unit, either the X930bt or the Z130bt. I need to know how long does it take for say an mp3 file to play from the sd card when started. Why I ask is I had a F90BT in my last car and it took a whole minute untill i got any sound playing from my SD card. That was painful. I understand that cant be fixed since its a windows device and i couldn't play from sd until the driver was loaded.

So i need to know for preferably both devices... How long does it take until sound starts to play from the SD card when you start the car???

Can only answer on the 930

If it was last playing an mp3 on the sd card, I can hear where it left off while in the splash screen process(about 10-15seconds), after that you'll have the capability to change from the menu IF it wasn't on the GPS function, then you'll need to wait for the 'warning' to get past that then the main menu. I try to remember not to leave it on the GPS before turning the vehicle off. Steering wheel controls work to change to next, begining or previous track, depending how many time it's pressed. Same for am/fm.

Not the most user friendly HU in my opinion.

hope that'll help

that was very helpful, 10- 15 seconds until you hear sound is very good compared to the f90. They must have changed a lot to do that. I might just go ahead and get the 930 then. know any good deals? Best buy got them for $699.99. I was also considering this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ES777US-7-2-Din-HD-Car-DVD-Player-BT-TV-WiFi-3G-GPS-Android-2-3-PAD-MID-OTG-/320830144375?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab2f77f77