AVIC411.com

Cleaning Laser Lence on 930

what cd or cleaning utility disc do you use for you X930bt unit or other units

i have gone threw 4 laser lence cd and dvd cleaning disc and non of them want to work

every now and then i can get it to work after 7 or 8 times of putting it in and taking it out

but i want one that will work and im tired of going into store after store to find one that does not thanks any help wouldbe great

i would never use a "cleaning disc"

having a disc with a brush embedded that spins at a few thousand RPM's can scratch lenses.

also if one of them isnt working, i doubt that a different one will because they are all built the same. the only way that a optical drive should be cleaned is by disassembling it and using a cleaning swap with a cleaning solution.

ah ok thank you

i know my friend used his Maxwell in his D3 series and it works fine but i can't find his acact disc anywhere anymore i guess its not being made anymore

hmm ok well i guess thats why having the Best Buy 4 year program wich includes cleaning once per year is good that just means ill probably be withou the system for up to 2 weeks i bet whyll they send it into there place and have it taken apart and cleaned properly

i know i have had some CD drivers on a few of my cars like the BMW 740 it sat for 5 years collecting dust i finaly had it towed to the dealer to have them change all the fluids and check it to make sure it was safe before turning on

and they got it starts i was alll ready to pop my CD In and cruise 1200 miles down to south florida

and the cd player didn't work i stopped and bought cleaning disc at CVS and popped it in let it run for a few minutes and then presto my CD worked again after about 3 or 4 tries with the cd cleaner

same thing happend with the GMC jimmy and my Lincoln Mark VIII i let them sit for a few years and they collected so much dust and dirt that it got threw to the system drive and took a few tries with the lense cleaner but got the cd players to work again

how often would you recommend Cleaning the system out by opening it up

should it be done twice a year once a year once ever 3 years or should you never have to do it ?

how often would you recommend Cleaning the system out by opening it up

should it be done twice a year once a year once ever 3 years or should you never have to do it ?

there is usually too many varibles for a certian schedule. i usually just say its time when it seems to needs it.

My problem is i hardly ever use the CD Dvd drive

so its sitting there collecting dust for say 2 months at a time and then all of a sudden i decide to play a movie or listen to a CD and i nee dto clean it out

something els i was thinking about was maybe a can of compressed air with a long nozle stick it in there and spray it for a second or 2

but would that do any damage ?