AVIC411.com

Z120 upgraded to Z130: bypass doesn't work?

Hi guys, don't know if this has been covered, but I searched.

I have the Z120BT and did the bypass on it with no problems.

Yesterday I upgraded the software to a Z130BT with 2011 maps and updated the bluetooth firmware as well. Now, on start-up I get a notification that it has detected a problem with the parking brake wiring. I also can't search for an adress while I'm moving but it wil let me search POI.

I know the Z130 has a different harness than the Z120 and I'm thinking this may have something to do with it. When I went to connection status, it's showing that parking brake is on. I don't want to deal with this notification every time I startup so I have 2 questions:

Is anyone aware of a fix for this situation?

If no, can/how do I revert back to Z120 to clear the update and have it work the way it did before?

thanks in advance.

• 5 months later...

If the bypass doesn't work then it is defective. It has nothing to do with the software upgrade.

Okay, good to hear, and the logic seem to make sense.

And who told you the harnesses were different?

That's what i thought until i saw this in YouTube showing the connector. And the placement of the mute wire seem to be different in the X930/Z130 models than say, the Z120.

snag1121.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

okay, then I don't understand why the bypass is no longer working. As soon as I hit 5MPH I get the message that the parking brake is not properly connected, but the connection status shows the parking brake is "ON".

I understand the harness is the same, but are the wires in the same position? Does the mute wire go to the same pin location and then to ground?