AVIC411.com

Music Library (CDDB) Info Update

Has anyone bought and ripped a new release cd AFTER they bought their Z1? I ask because I'm curious to know how the unit provides cd disc info CDDB (artist, track, genre etc.) for cd's released after the Z1 was installed with it's cd library info? I would have to assume the unit would not have this info and it would have to be manually updated. If this is the case, how does one get the most recent CDDB library info...download from Pioneer, then burn to disc then update Z1? It would seem this info would be out of date every couple of weeks if not sooner. Any answers out there? Thanks.
Guest Guest
Pioneer is in the business to make money, until there is a compelling reason to provide the update, I don't think they will even spend money to write the update program (I don't think they have the update program on the harddisk at all). Then they probably would have to pay Gracenote for the update, i would be very impressed if Pioneer would get the update annually. And you think they would give it away for free?
They trained our shop that the updates would actually be twice a year. You will have to go to Pioneers site and burn the new gracenote library onto a CD-R and insert it into the Z1. The manual even mentions that updates will be available in the future, unfortunately not when

[quote name="Guest"]Pioneer is in the business to make money, until there is a compelling reason to provide the update, I don't think they will even spend money to write the update program (I don't think they have the update program on the harddisk at all). Then they probably would have to pay Gracenote for the update, i would be very impressed if Pioneer would get the update annually. And you think they would give it away for free?[/quote]
Interesting...

I was just on the Gracenote website, and they say all the updates are free. But of course Pioneer must make that data usable to the Z1, and Im sure that isnt free.

I guess we will see what happens. Im pretty worried that when Pioneer puts out these updates...whether Gracenote or mapping... they will include flash updates for the radio that will lock out features like headlight flashing DVD over ride.

~Sh