AVIC411.com

Jailbreak Appradio / Appradio Plus

Hi Everyone! Two days ago I decided to buy a Appradio :-), this morning I decided to install the Appradio Plus software and Igo 8 and it works like a charm! So keep up the good work everyone!

I also found out I have the latest 2.45 version and I'm running into the Time issue. It looks like the time will reset when the radio is shutdown and booted up again. Then the time in Win CE is reset to Jan 2009 12pm or something like that.

But, so far so good!

Greetings from the Netherlands!

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4n, if you take Dejan's last igo version and the last version of sserhy, time is ok !!!!!

You just have to go to the settings of igo and in time setup, you disable all time synchronisation ( in 2 menus )

You adjust time simply, and everything stays correct in appradio time !!!

Second obs", carmediaplayer is displayed again now !!! cool

Guys ( Dejan & Sserhy ) you are doing a great work, please keep on that way !!!!!! it's fantastic !!!!!

AND NEXT THE SOUND PLEASE !!! I SEND YOU A VODKA, PROMISE ! :)

( i'm on 2.45 appradio firmware )

yonel, I'm on the versions you mention. The only difference is the timesync, so I'm gonna check this today.

For the sound, we probably have to check first if there is a sound device available for Win CE. I think the radio is a different device controlled by some parameters from the Win CE app. Also the iPhone sound out is directed to the radio's output. The volume is controlled by a device that also is controlled by some parameters from Win CE, that's the reason the volume buttons allways direct respond.

Those are my thoughts about it, I don't have any evidence for it.. yet ;-)

So a little checklist:

1. Check if there is a sound device available for WinCE (I saw something about a AMD processor, maybe there is a SOC with sound support)
  2. Check if there are driveres available for WinCE
  3. Build a software version with sounddrivers
  4. Deploy :-)

Greetings!

4n, so i need your help too, because when i'm in windows CE, you're right, there is in panel config "no device sound" but in another place i have device sound, so maybe that's the diffrences you talked about....have too look that... :)

i've been discussing with Dejan about sound unavaibility, seems that's an official problem with that kind of systems ( windows CE with mips processor...even in microsoft official "technical" problems, there is a thread about this....hope there is a solution...

for the time, you can go on, sure it will work.

i don't remember because that didn't look important to me, but it's maybe only in windows CE that time is not ok....but there....it's not a problem, we don't see it in big size like in main screen of appradio :P

Anyway, thank you !!! you give me good advise, even if it's simple, i didn't think it that way :)

Hi yonel, I think the microsoft technical issue you mentioned, do not apply to our problem.. Cause there is no sound-device available.

Ok, to get back to my own checklist.

I went in to Win CE system properties and found out the mips proccessor is probably based on a AMD Alchemy SOC. http://developer.amd.com/documentation/articles/pages/616200624.aspx . Looking at the usage description on that page, the type we have is probably the AU1500. Google brings me to: http://datasheet.elcodis.com/pdf/49/42/494222/au1500-500mbd.pdf

That datasheet tells me, that a ac97 controller should be available. (the audio codec) So when I'm right, we just need to build the driver for it into the 2.45 firmware package and deploy it.. right?

really interesting, but have to look if we don't risk something wrong in use....

at least we can probably uninstall from "device list"... but we are one "step" maybe to make it work....or maybe to make it worst....to be honest , i'm a little affraid to try... but sure i'll do something....when i got more info...

( in some treads they talk that "nand" folder is the main folder of appradio system...maybe i will backup it, to be sure....( i was looking for a backup software that could run in the device....and backup in the sd itself...)

your links are very good infos