AVIC411.com

Freezing at Starting up Pioneer...

Hey guys, I have searched the hole internet and I think you are the rescue...

I'm from germany and me and my wife we bought us in 2008 the Avic HD3 - Z2 is the US version.

After years we thougt in december that we need an map-update...so i found a drive at eBay that has the maps from 2010 and a puts the Software from HD3 to HD3 II (Z3)

Delivered from California it reached me one month later...i replaced the drive, the Unit made some updates and everything was fine...until today.

When the Unit starts it only shows Starting up Pioneer and after 5mins I think you can see the Navgate picture but nothing else happens...

On my trip through the internet I found this site and with the instruction I flashed the firmware from disc of the US Z3

The first time i entered the Test Mode on the right Side there was Platform Version 3000200 but after flashing the fw of the Pioneer Website it Shows me 3000100 and the Start up freezing still resists.

Now I think its like iPhone jailbreaking - you cant go backwards to an older fw?! Is this right?

But I don't know how to fix the problem...and how i get the right fw.

And why it doesnt boot we only used it and now its cheap scrap!

Please please help me

And sorry for my bad english, i did my best ;)

I'm a bit confused, did you flash the firmware of the US Z3 on your HD3-II ? If so, it won't work, as the hardware of the European version is slightly different from the US version (different radio, dvdv earea code, etc.etc.)

I don't know where to get the firmware update, but it's not like the iPhone. You can upgrade and downgrade. I recommend a method 3 and/or method 4 reset ( see owners manual). If tat does not work, try contacting pioneer EU for a free firmware upgrade. The other option is to upgrade to the newest 2010 version 5 firmware/maps tat includes updated firmware.

Thanks for your reply...i took the US version because i thought that would be the right one because i bought the hdd there...

The item is:

http://www.ebay.de/i...=item35b9306bd8

30mins ago i flashed the unit form the german pioneer website: http://www.pioneer.e...ml#download_165

restarting "Starting up Pioneer Car Navigation..." it tooks 2-3min and the picture changed to "navgate"....this was displayed an long time (30min perhaps) und then there was "Regional Settings" but pressing the OK button on screen showed no effect....

What do you mean - a broken HDD?

Thank you guys for your circumstances - i dont know what i can do else....

post-60743-0-06370500-1328469440_thumb.jpg

post-60743-0-29394300-1328469448_thumb.jpg

yes i did - i hold the MAP button but nothing happens - the hole unit is very very slow i think....

i let it on nearly an hour and then there were the drivers inforamtion and after that the city of paris was displayed.

the seller says i have to build my old hdd in to see if the "new" hdd is the problem

do i have to pay attention for something by changing the hdds?

because with the new hdd the unit did several updates (HD3>>HD3 II) and now i think i have to do a "downgrade" - am i right?

• 6 months later...

I have a similar problem... my Avic-HD3 stops at the Pioneer startup screen...

the only buttons that work are the "open", "+ vol -" and "< track >".... plays music from the iPod!

it did the same thing once 2weeks ago but now it wont go past the startup/Pioneer logo....

any ideas?

I have a similar problem... my Avic-HD3 stops at the Pioneer startup screen...

the only buttons that work are the "open", "+ vol -" and "< track >".... plays music from the iPod!

it did the same thing once 2weeks ago but now it wont go past the startup/Pioneer logo...

any ideas?

Hi, Yes that's what mine did eventually. Initially kept restarting and then just stopped. It did still play music from the av source I had opened prior to it doing that. I guess its the Avic looking for the files and it cant read them so gets stuck. I unlocked the hard drive using the tools on this forum, took it out and cloned it. Luckily enough it wasn't to far gone to clone. I put the cloned one in and have not had a problem since. Hope this helps.

could you do a reset on youre avic only oni i could do is the "method1" because the "MAP" button dont respond!... i wish i didnt pushed the reset button, because now it dont play at all.... it will be boring and quiet 1hour rides to work.. :(

think i will buy a new on eBay if its 100% sure thats the HD is the problem.... would be nice with the HD3-II software and the new maps...

yes i did - i hold the MAP button but nothing happens - the hole unit is very very slow i think....

i let it on nearly an hour and then there were the drivers inforamtion and after that the city of paris was displayed.

the seller says i have to build my old hdd in to see if the "new" hdd is the problem

do i have to pay attention for something by changing the hdds?

because with the new hdd the unit did several updates (HD3>>HD3 II) and now i think i have to do a "downgrade" - am i right?

If you put the old working drive in then it will return to the previous settings of that hard drive. You will see it saying updating files. After that it should work ok. I did it a couple of times. Thats why I new my hard drive with the map updates was at fault and cloned it. Hope this helps. Are u in the UK?

could you do a reset on youre avic only oni i could do is the "method1" because the "MAP" button dont respond!... i wish i didnt pushed the reset button, because now it dont play at all.... it will be boring and quiet 1hour rides to work.. :(

think i will buy a new on eBay if its 100% sure thats the HD is the problem.... would be nice with the HD3-II software and the new maps...

The radio usually works when there is no hard drive in.