AVIC411.com

Wiring and Dash Kit For 2009 Cayenne Z series

I want to install my Z3 in a 2009 Porsche Cayenne. It looks like I need something like the NAV-TV MOST HUR955 Fiber Optic interface. Its pretty expensive, but no problem if it is what I need.

Anybody had any experience with Z series in a Porsche Cayenne?

What about the steering wheel controls?

Seems there is also a standard double din dash kit available (which is also pretty expensive). Again, no problem if it works....

I found this stuff...

http://www.installer.com/cars/by_car.php?carid=8356

Thanks -- Greg

• 2 weeks later...

I have the HURR955 coming but now find out that the factory radio is NOT the fiberoptic type. The guys from NAV-TV tell me that I will still need the HURR955 but that I will have to wire it myself. I hope it is for more than the antenna adapter. Not so sure what that might be... Those things are $500

So far, I have not been able to find any connectors for the 2009 Cayenne radio connector. I guess I may have to wire it myself. Does anyone know where I can find the pinout / colorcode for my 2009 Cayenne w/o the Bose Factory radio?

Greg

• 10 months later...

I know it has been a long time since my original post, but my work takes me away for months at a time. I am now back to making this installation.

I found an adapter from kit from Metra that is making the job easier. Its the Metra 70-9003

The adapter is normally for a VW/AUDI/BMW and isn't listed for the Cayenne at all. Lucky for me, my local shop guys were willing to just dig around and found a match.

http://www.amazon.co...p/dp/B0002BEVAC

I now have in my possession, a nice used Z3 that plugs into my 2009 Cayenne. I have a non-Bose version Cayenne.

I purchased the HUR 955 MOST HUR 955 Kit from NAV-TV and it is on hand.

The Metra kit handles the four speakers, ground and battery. Nothing else is available on the standard Porsche connector.

I was able to run the Z3 by manually supplying power to the ACC (red) wire on the back of the Z3.

Good documentation on the NAV-TV HUR 955 tells me that if I hook the CAN LO and CAN HI that the NAV-TV adapter will supply me with the other signals I need for proper operation of my Z3

HUR 955 --- Z3

-------------------------------------------

12v switched out --- ACC (red)

Illuminatioin out --- ILL (orange/white)

VSS out --- Car Speed Input (pink)

Reverse --- Reverse Purple

This all seems like a bunch of money (The NAV-TV Adapter costs around $500) just for those signals. I think all I really need is the ACC and Illumination signal. I would think I could find those signals the old fashion way.

Does anyone have any advice at this point. I am ready to finish this endless job.

Also, there is so little room in the radio cavity on the Cayenne. Its going to be hard enough to find a place to put the Bluetooth and XM modules. If anyone has suggestions for that, I would love it as well.

Thanks!

Greg