AVIC411.com

xm no worky.. new install

Hey all.. Here's some background. I've had my F700bt in my subaru for a little over two years now and been relatively happy with it (rare I know) thus my lack of posting/lurking.

Recently I acquired a terk XMDPIO110 and had a terk XMD1000 tuner laying around so I decided I'd toss em in. I had an existing xm account and added the tuner on a few weeks ago but just today finally got around to actually installing the bits.

To my surprise the head unit will not see the new xm hardware. The xm icon stays greyed out. I've searched all over the net and here on the forum and I'm not able to find any information relating to my specific issue.

To add another detail I've got the harness hack in place to allow me to view/change Items on the roll without having to pull the E-brake or slow below 16mph. My suspicion is that this might have something to do with why the new hardware wont show up (front panel av jack also doesn't work) but again I'm not sure so I dont want to change that until I get some input from those more experienced than myself.

so eh.. whatcha'll think?