AVIC411.com

AVIC-D2 Grounding Problems

Hello everyone, I posted a while ago about my D2 not producing sound for no reason and I sent it for repair and it was repaired and i am soo happy. I missed it soo much.

This post os to confirm everything ive done is correct and there isnt something that made my unit's audio output fry.

My Bypass is perfecto i guess. I ground the parking brake wire, and the extra pin. And the bypass worked fine. I am installed new 5 1/4 MTX speakers in the front door the same day that my unit went off.

My unit came with a tag sayig as follows:

Grounding Problems and Resolution

- This unit was recieved with open or burned PC board ground traces

- The most common cause for this failure is undersized wiring or loss of connection of external grounding wires

- check manual for all grounding for item before reinstalling.

If someone could give me an insight if there is something wrong in my setup or what to look for. I am not looking forward to have the same problem again and send my item for another 2 and a half week adventure for repair.

Thank you very much for your time.

well if i remember right, you can grab the speakers from the amp with the standard wire harness. instead of plugging that harness into the back of the factory radio plug, you go to the amp and use the plugs there, I believe the amp is to the right of the glove box? But I dont believe that that would short out the unit.

The facroy amp is to the right of the glove box, and its hard to reach. To connect the avic to the factory harness i am using a harness by metro for amp integrated stereo, it comes with wires to connect the power and RCA cabels for the speakers.

When i installed the speakers, i removed the factory housing for the speakers and I didnt know which wire was the ground and which one was the positive. DO you think it might have to do something with that? I already rechecked all the connections for the avic and all seemed to be fine!! The only thing that i am not sure of is how i used the wires to connect the front speakers.

no reversing the polarity wont cause the deck to do this, especially if its going through an amp. You really SHOULD go to the amp and remove it from the equation, it isnt that hard from what I remember. You may have to extend the wires but well worth it for the sound as I can recall. just do it right.

97 cntrylvr? I havent worked on one for a while, but could have sworn the wires where there in a standard plug

I kidd you not. It was a 97 avalon xls. I wound up replacing the power antenna to and had to run a trigger wire to the new ant because for the life of me and my meter I could not find the factory trigger.