AVIC411.com

Reverse wire for 06 F-150

Yeah there is. Can I also use this ground to ground out the brake wire and the blue antenna wire that I move into the empty slot? Also, will I need to run seperate power and ground wire for my Sirius rec.? I was thinking of running seperate hot and ground wires for my Sirius and DVD changer, I guess from the fuse box.

you wouldnt ground the ant. wire itself, now if you were just using that wire removed from the harness and plugged into the secret spot for bypassing then yes thats fine. You 'could' use the ground for the avic and sirius unit, as well as the power. It is best to have as few grounds as possible. the gauge however should match that of the power though. so if your tapping in alot of things you may want to consider cleaning it up by making a new one by itself.

Yeah, that's what I meant by the antenna wire. I also forgot to mention that I'll have a video screen hooked up as well. I though I might make a seperate tap for power and ground to ground the Sirius, DVD changer and Flip down monitor. I'm not going to mount the monitor, I'm going to leave that up to a professional. I haven't figured out where I'm going to mount the Sirius either, probably under the back seat or against the back firewall.

Holy Snikeys! I just pulled my stereo to find two factory harnesses. What does that mean? Also, I searched for the VSS wire and found that it should be the gray/black wire in location 5, but it's not. location 5 is only a black and location 14 is gray / black. So which one is it?

Thanks,

Phillip