AVIC411.com

voice command in appradio ? would it be possible ?

hi to all,

i remembered the avic HD3 voice command, ans some of other pioneer unit that have it ...

so do you think it would be possible to have this fonction with a special firmware or with the sd card inserted in the appradio?

With your iPhone jailbreaked, you can install Handsfree that listens for your voice, then install voice activator, you can program this to do activate apps. For example, you say Hal, this brings up voice control, which says, yes. You then say, gps, and voice activator will bring up your gps app. Mike, author of AppRadio extensions has added Siri to his app. I haven't tried this yet as I sent my cable to a company who is creating a custom dock, but reviews so far say its good.

Handsfree is not really a viable option as yet as when the listening service is left on, it activates the bluetooth phone function and basically locks out operation of the system as it thinks it is on a permanent phonecall.

If you also use a bluetooth headset with the newest version you can hear a constant clicking as the service is waiting for a command.

I have mailed the developer but as yet zero back so it is pretty useless with bluetooth.

The Parrot Bluetooth module although built in may have voice dial built into the stack but current firmware has yet to activate it maybe ?

thanks Ronso...i've heard about "siri" extension, but the first one you describe is possible with iphone 4 ? ( not 4s )

Robbie, thanks for that technical view...i understand that it can be finally less usefull than i expect...

that's cool from the developer to not answer you :(

thanks Ronso...i've heard about "siri" extension, but the first one you describe is possible with iphone 4 ? ( not 4s )

Robbie, thanks for that technical view...i understand that it can be finally less usefull than i expect...

that's cool from the developer to not answer you :(

I have the iPhone 4 and it works. I have experienced what Robbie described. If I unplug and then replug it works fine.