AVIC411.com

AVH 4400 BH Motion X problem / Pandora problems

I recently got the AVH 4400 BH installed in my 08' Mazdaspeed 3. Over all the unit is amazing, fast boot up time, Ipod/Iphone navigation is blazing fast (I had a Sony XAV-60 that was the slowest piece ever for Ipod Screen Navigation), 4V RCA outputs have made a noticeable difference over my older 2V HU for my highs and subs (both amped). Bluetooth is decent and HD radio is nice to have.

Here is my problem that I am wondering if anyone else has run into (hoping either app update or firmware in the future will fix the issues). If I have Motion X and Pandora both going at the same time I get a "error-02-6e" message and Pandora stops working and Motion X stops displaying. Not the end of the world but frustrating because I have to kill both the apps and start all over trying to find the right sequence to start them so I don't get the message. Half the time it works and the other half it does not.

My main concern is the Motion X "lag" or "freezing." I drove from Knoxville to Chattanooga yesterday to see my buddy and was excitied to try out the Motion X on the HU. I have the Iphone 4 and the Motion X (with and with out Pandora running) would keep lagging after a few minutes. It would seem to be keeping up perfectly but by the time I got to a exit or a turn it would end up being a couple miles behind. It wouldn't say rerouting it was just behind. I knew exactly where I was going, but it happened on the way back today as well. This makes the app useless on the HU for navigation. When I came up to Exit off the interstate it kept saying I still had two miles to go. This morning when I was entereing the Interstate entrance it still said I was 1.8 miles away. When I disconnected the Iphone 4 from the HU and just used the Motion X from the phone directly it worked flawlessly. I bought the Pioneer CD-IU201 V from Pioneer so I'm not using a generic cord.

I really would like to figure out what is causing the problem, one of the big things that sold me on the unit was the ability to by pass paying a grand for a GPS HU and being able to just use my Iphone app.

Anyone not having a problem with it or having a similiar problem would be appreciated so I can figure out if its my HU, the app, my Iphone 4, or what ever else it could be. Of course if anyone has a work around I would love to hear that as well.

Thanks in advance.

I'm curious do you have the iPhone 4 or 4s and is it jailbroken? Mine is currently jailbroken and while I don't see how that could effect anything (considering the Motion X works fine when not plugged into the HU) I'd be willing to unjailbreak it to see if that is the problem. I'll try loading the maps again while on WiFI, but I already had it loaded before I left the house in the first place.

I am using a toggle switch that allows me to watch videos when I am moving and I notice to get the app mode to show up for Motion X I have to toggle back and forth to get a screen telling me not to drive and play videos that I have to press "ok" to get it to start playing.

I appreciate the response though letting me know you are not having these problems. Maybe its not the HU after all and something else is the culprit. Pandora works great by itself, but the Motion X is giving me problems.

One more thing have you played Pandora while using Motion X? I can get it to work but if I go and change anything (like a station) and then go back to app mode from Pandora or get a Ebay update everything gets all jacked up. What happened the most yesterday was I would change stations on Pandora (from the HU) then switch back to "iPod" in app mode and pandora would keep going in and out in and out, then when I would switch back to Pandora thats when I would get the error message and then when I switched back to app mode I would get the error message there as well.

I am using an iPhone 4s that is not jail broken. I am using a brake bypass not the toggle switch style but the relay type. I messed with this yesterday and I can't get pandora to work if I want motion x to display in app mode. If I keep motion x on the phone only then I can have pandora on the main screen and motion x on the phone and still get voice directions over the system.

I dont know anything about jail broken phones so won't be much help there.

This is not definitive, but this morning before I left the house I loaded a map on Motion X GPS over my wifi and already had Pandora playing on my Iphone 4 (still jailbroken). I paused Pandora and had Motion X GPS running on my Iphone. I then, with my Ipod Touch still plugged in, went ahead and put my AVH 4400 BH in app mode. Once in app mode I plugged in my Iphone 4 and Motion X appeared immediately on the screen and Pandora automatically starting playing perfectly. Here is the thing though, this was a very short trip and I'm still not sure how it will hold up for long trips. I still don't like that the smallest change, like switching from app mode to Pandora will force everything to freak out and lag/freeze or stop playing/running all together. But its a start and I will up date this again once I take a long trip again. The main point of this was the AVH HU was already in app mode, both apps were already loaded and running, and I made no changes to either once plugged in my HU. It worked flawlessly for a 4 mile trip.

• 4 weeks later...