AVIC411.com

iPod only playing on FR speaker, LF speaker hum (rears not wired yet)

I just bought and installed my AVIC-Z130BT and installed it. Surprisingly simple. I was even able to do the bypass with little difficulty. Whew!

However, for some reason my iPod only played on the Left Front speaker, and the Right Front speaker hums. Since i have an external Dodge amp, I have to rewire my rear speakers to get those working, but I haven't done that yet - so I don't know how the rear speakers are (or if) affected.

Anyway, I called the PAC (C2R-CHY4) people thinking I had wired something incorrectly - nope. Then, I disconnected the iPod audio cable from the (supplied) USB/Audio cable (only the iPod does this, not the tuner or disk player) and reconnected - viola! Sound out of both speakers!

Today, drat it, I'm back to FR speaker only.

And, before someone jumps my tuchas, I bought the cable from Pioneer.

Can anyone think of a reason other than a defective cable that would cause this? I was messing with the equalizer/fader yesterday, so it's possible I screwed something up there. I did double check, and the EQ is set to center (LR & FB).

Thanks in advance!