AVIC411.com

Z120 to z130 help

• 2 weeks later...

I want to know this too. Why has no one responded and why can't I find this info on this site? It seems this info should be pinned, since the conversion from z110bt to z120bt is pinned. Apparently this can be done cause there are people selling upgrade versions on Ebay that don't require a activation code. I really tried to find this info on this site, but couldnt find anything that looked like a sure, trouble free thing. Please help by pinning these instructions.

Humm, how is it dozens - maybe hundreds or thousands, of other people managed to find what they needed. Maybe a little more effort is needed. There's no way every new member can be spoon-fed this info. Actually, one of the reasons the thread is cluttered and seems confusing is exactly because several people have tried to help by posting nearly the same steps - with slight variations. There are several ways to do this. Pick one. The path is:

(Z120) 2.00x > 2.004 (Shortfuse hack) > CNSD210-FM sd1, then update BT w/sd2.

The variations are in the level of detail. ie turn on the computer, format SD, .... etc. Also some might contain unnecessary steps. For example, it's not necessary (but doesn't hurt anything) to install 2.003. Just the hacked 2.004.

I don't know what those creeps are selling on ebay, Seems overpriced for bootleg stuff they got for free.

BTW, this is a user message board. All the info you need is here. But don't expect it to be highly organized - it isn't.

Very well said RonS. Im glad someone else has the balls to call out all of this noob nonsense. Unfortunately it will likely get you flamed however. I simply gave up long ago trying to spoon feed people into learning how to search for the info that is here. I do applaud your effort though.

I wasnt asking to be spoonfed, I am a noob and someone has to start somewhere and to call it non-sense from a moderator? Come on man...that is pure arrogance and you have no business being a moderator with comments like that. I had spent hours on this site reading posts and trying to figure out this update. I was just looking for a way to update it without hacking this and hacking that and sometimes this works and sometimes it doesnt, and most of It was over my head. Most importantly, I didn't want to mess up my unit. All I was asking was if there was a post (or to pin a post) that I (and obviously others are looking for) could not find or a simple method of doing this. ESPECIALLY since a post was pinned on other upgrades. That is all. I am a member of many forums and I have never been treated this way right out of the gate.

1. This is the Hacks and Mods section. We don't take to people just dropping by and demanding to be serviced.

2. If you have a specific question, please ask. General clueless questions often get ignored.

3, All the info (and help) a hacker or mod'er would need is there for the taking, but some effort is required.

4. If you aren't capable of finding it, sounds like you should just pay Pioneer their $120 and get it all tied up in a pretty bow,

5. I bet for $50 you get a bootleg CNSD-210FM and similar instructions. Those buyers also come here for help.

im sorry ron.. i didnt mean to offend u... im just having a certain problem.. i did the 2.04 hack just fine... then i went to load the sd2 and it got to 98% and now its telling me incorrect sd card... now my unit is locked up and i dont know what to do.. any input will be much appreciated...

You didn't offend, just your 1st post was in the clueless category.

First, lets get that SD ejected. With the power off, press and hold the eject button, then turn the ignition/power on. It takes a few seconds, but the screen should open and you can remove the SD. If it doesn't do it, turn the key off and keep trying.

Now, I'm confused by your post.

You installed 2.004. Great. The next step is CNSD-210FM SD1. Is that what you meant by sd2?

So you got by the password check and it died reading SD1?. Happened to me too. The AVIC seems to have problems with some SDs. Try another one - 4GB, freshly FAT32 formatted. See how that goes.

Good luck,

I am a noob and someone has to start somewhere and to call it non-sense from a moderator?

Perhaps you're right, my choice of words was a little harsh and I do apologies. But it is just frustrating to see people post the same questions over and over again when the info is there already. As RonS said, this is why this forum is so cluttered making it difficult to keep it organized so people wont keep contributing to this vicious cycle. Noobs are certainly welcome just not noob behavior. And honestly I dont know of any forums that dont respond in the same manner with people that seem to not bother to try and help themselves a little with the info that is provided before posting a redundant post. Especially people that post questions pertaining to the functions of the units that are clearly outlined in the manual. That burns my ass more then anything. This forum is here to handle issues that are not clearly laid out in the manual not questions like, "How do I pair my phone"? In fact, this is the most civil forum I have contributed to.

Ron,

I'm confused which files to use. I'll pay u to help me fix it. It's stuck at incorrect sd. Insert correct sd to continue. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I can remotely connect u to my computer using teamviewer if u want to help me...if not I've got to send head unit to pioneer which costs 230 bucks plus shipping!!

All I can do is throw out ideas. But I need more info. There's not much I can do from your PC.

The 1st time you tried to install CNSD-210FM SD1, did it prompt for the password? If so, you've got the right files. The problem is likely an SD read error during the update.

So, you were able to remove the SD?

When you extracted the zipped torrent image of CNSD-210FM, you got two folders, SD1 and SD2.

Did you modify any files in the SD1 folder? Do NOT!

Did you try another SD? Maybe another brand. Don't use large capacity. I know 4GB works.

Some SD writers can be flakey. You might try another computer or writer. I once had problems with the cheap external USB writers. I've also had SD's that the AVIC couldn't read.

Copy to a 4GB freshly formatted FAT32 SDHC the contents of the SD1 folder. Do not copy the folder itself. Go into the SD1 folder, select all files and folders, then right-click and select "copy". Go to the root of the SD and paste. Be careful not to eject the SD until it is finished writing.

Insert the SD into the HU and turn on the ignition. does it attempt to continue the installation? If it fails, how long does it take?

Ok... When I put in the sd card it asked for the password... And I put in the 16 characters it needed. It went all the way to 98% then gave me a incorrect sd card error. I don't know if I'm using the right files... That is why I wanted to connect my computer to u. So I can get u to check if I'm using the correct files. I was using a big 16g sd card. That might be the reason. I'll try a different one...if that doesn't work I'll let u know..do u have sd1 and sd2 on your computer? Would u be willing to transfer them to me? Thanks for your help Ron.

When I power on vehicle it is stuck on incorrect sd card screen. Insert correct sd card..

Ok... When I put in the sd card it asked for the password... And I put in the 16 characters it needed. It went all the way to 98% then gave me a incorrect sd card error. I don't know if I'm using the right files... That is why I wanted to connect my computer to u. So I can get u to check if I'm using the correct files. I was using a big 16g sd card. That might be the reason. I'll try a different one...if that doesn't work I'll let u know..do u have sd1 and sd2 on your computer? Would u be willing to transfer them to me? Thanks for your help Ron.