AVIC411.com

Touch screen on 700BT losing sensitivity

For a few months now, the screen on my 700BT in my truck has become less and less responsive to touching. Sometimes I have to press extremely hard, and sometimes I have to press repeatedly to select things on the screen, and when scrolling it'll hang up and instead of scrolling one screen it'll scroll all the way down to the Z entries. I'm starting to think the screen is losing it's ability to read being touched. I've tried recalibrating it, and that didn't help. It seems to be worse in hot weather.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Or am I looking at having to replace the touchscreen or the entire screen?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the touch screen is a layer on top of the LCD screen, i should know because i replaced mine (when i had a F700bt)... just to find out that it wasnt the touch screen issue. i bought a replacement touch screen from here http://www.pacparts.com/model.cfm?model_id=AVICF700BT&mfg=PIONEER&back=0&action=list_part& there use to be a step by step photos here on how to disassemble it but it only shows the first step. :\