AVIC411.com

AVIC-130BT or AVIC-140BH security

I posted this question on the stolen forum but thought I would ask it here as well since it's more model specific.

I noticed quite a few AVIC units are being stolen. But the 130BT/140BH (and others) do have the security passcode that you program into the unit. Theoretically, without this, the unit is not usable. If so, why the heck are thieves stealing them? Is there a way for them to retrieve our codes (a back door or forced boot trap way to get it)??? If so, how do we block them out (if that's even possible)??

The thief can't tell if the unit is locked before he steals it. I don't know of any way to hack it, but I'm sure it is not impossible. If you forget your password, you can send it to Pioneer to unlock (for $$$$). They might not know if it is stolen.

A thief might just pawn it or fence it to some sucker who won't find out until it is installed.

Most thefts are so the thief can sell it to someone else. The thief doesn't care if it works or not as long as it looks like it does when he sells it for 200 bucks. Once he dumps it off and the scum bag that buys it from him finds out its locked out the thief is long gone to steal another one.