AVIC411.com

So a little back ground info first. I am installing a z2 in my 2000 Toyota Land Cruiser. I bought the Metra harness and wired it up to the power supply harness on the Z2.

This unit came out of my old LX470 and has been sitting in a hot garage for 6 years or so. So I wanted to test it before I hooked everything else up. I have not hooked up the speed sensor or reverse wire or the parking brake wires. So I plug in the metra to the Toyota 20 pin wire harness and the unit powers up. First its says starting navigation then it gets to the pioneer logo and just hangs there.

So my first question is does it hang because I have not hooked up all the other wire I have mentioned above?

I researched it on this site and it seems like I may have the freeze issue. So I tired to update the unit but it didnt recognize the update on the disk. I do recall it freezing back when I had it in my LX a couple of times. Could I be burning the update wrong? Should I try burning the update as an iso ?

Lastly there was a wire on the metra adapter that said amp ground. There is no wire in the harness of the Z2 that's says amp ground or looks like the wire in question. The wire is black with a white stripe.

I should say this is not my first time installing a HU. Its just seems like this HU hates me.

Thank you for any and all help...

For the ipod, be sure you have your BUS cable correctly connect as it's easy to install backwards. Blue end (input) connects to HU and Black end (output) connects to IPOD adapter. Check the hacks section about upgrading your unit to the latest Z3, as this should fix your freezing issue and provide the latest maps, POI, and firmware.