AVIC411.com

Avic D3 turned off and wont power back on, repair service?!

So my avic the other day randomly turned off, and turned itself right back on...weird but ok, yesterday it turned off and will not turn back on and im baffled. All the wires in the harness have good connections and I volt tested the power from the harness and it does indeed have power. Couple people told me it could have just burnt out from use? I commute like an hour and a half each way everyday, so the thing gets hot, and is on constantly when driving (duh) Is that possible?! Can it be repaired? Anyone know a place I can send it to be repaired?!

I Appreciate the help!

I miss my avic!

Diesel_ls1@yahoo.com

thanks!

Ken

Hey Ken

Sorry to hear this, but I possibly have a soloution for you, mine was doing the same thing, 1st lemme get some info....if you reset it (use a paperclip or pen to press the reset in the top left corner of the units face) will the unit restart? this is what mine would do.I lived with it for a year or so reseting it everytime it would shut off, sometimes it would stay working for 3 days or so and sometimes it would go out instantly!!!

I looked into sending it to pioneer (then it was $200 flat rate service ,now its 230), i waited too long i guess.

I finally sent mine into Pioneer and they looked at it and had to replace the Nav unit inside, it cost me $230 flat rate and they pay to ship it back to you.

i sent it in on march 20th 2012 and they fixed it and have shipped it back as of the 28th

another question ; for navigation discs did you use original or copied discs? the only reason i ask is i used copied and wonder if that is what went wrong (as crazy as that sounds)

good luck

Mike