AVIC411.com

Today I began having problems with my x920that I've had around 2 years. Initially the display would go all weird le half FM screen and half another, then the screen would go black but the music continued and hard buttons still worked. It would then stop playing music but the button illumination remained. It would reboot if I shut my truck off, but would repeat the same scenario. Later in the day when I would start my truck it would just repeatedly flash between the "splash" screen and a blank screen many times slowly and eventually go to a blank screen with no music, but button illumination remains.

So, has anyone else have any similar problems? What should I expect when I call Pioneer?

What should I expect when I call Pioneer?

they are going to tell you where to send it and how much it is going to cost.

sounds like to me that you have one or more corrupt files. i would try to down load the most current update and try to load it, some times this will override the bad file/s and fix the problem. you may also be able to try to over write your own files with somebody else backed up files (but then you will need to find them)

Thanks for the suggestion. I was able last night to do a hard reset. Now it will boot up and run a normal for approx 10-15 minute then the display will flash off and back on and then a blank display where the music will continue playing for a minute or so before stopping. At that point only the illumination works, no functions otherwise. Really pissing me off.

Seems as if it my be heat related possibly. This morning when it was cool it made it approx. 30 minutes before shutting down. This afternoon when it was hot out I went out and it would boot up and immediately shut down. Yesterday I noticed similar behaviour.